November/December Antique Automobile publication correction

keiser31

I was very impressed once again with the quality of this latest publication. There is one correction, however...on page 62, the "1968 Dodge Charger" at the top of the page is actually a 1971 Charger.

Hey, leave West alone, If you had the original title in hand it would read 1968. Forget about the modifications that kept the owner within the guidelines of winning. All forms of racing have "cheaters", doping, frisky oats, extra cubic inches, etc. Give him the praise he deserves for bringing another exciting car to your attention.---Bob

Mine says "this 68 Dodge Charger ............ Because race promoters paid premiums for winning cars from the current model year, he changed the sheet metal each year to take advantage of the bonuses."

It's still a 68 Dodge, probably didn't come with the racing stuff when new either. If Keiser31 goes to a Halloween party in costume, is he still Keiser31?

I think so.

Score one for West, another great issue and thought provoking.

Keiser and Marty.

Go back and read the caption.

O.K.....I finally got it. I fell into a bit of a rut when reading the caption. I failed to see the part about the "changed sheet metal" in the caption. So sorry West. I guess I am in such a hurry to read the issue because it is soooo good that I missed that part. Please accept my apology. I see the light, now.

Also on page 68 there is a photo of a "Rambler" Gremlin...........

That's like calling an Altima a Datsun

Also an anomaly. Read the text on page 67.

For those of you bent on finding mistakes, I did provide two real mistakes for you. One is a misidentified car in the Hershey story, and another in the Annual Grand National Meet story. Go to work and see who can find them first.

Guest Skyking

West, I just threw that in because I thought it was strange. I bought a new 1972 AMC Hornet and people kept saying that is was a nice Rambler.........:eek:

The stories & photos are great this issue! ..........as usual

Bob

Just to clarify...I am not bent on finding mistakes in the publication. I simply mis-read and ran with my mistake.

Sorry, John,

I was trying to be tongue-in-cheek and didn't mean to imply malcontent. As usual, sometimes humor doesn't translate when typed. :o

I appreciate the comments, and am very glad you like the issue. Between the November/December issue with Hershey coverage (grows larger every year), and the Annual Meeting and National Awards issue (March/April), I spend long days and nights in my attempt to not miss my deadline by more than a day or two.

Edited by West Peterson (see edit history)

Hey West, want you to know Miss Mel is not too happy with how her hair looked in your photo! Girls. Dad was just happy she was handling all the work. Been groomed well.

Mel is very pretty, and she should have nothing to be embarrassed about. I was impressed as heck to see how dedicated she was in polishing her jeep, while her dad seemed to just stand around and take all the credit.;)

Mel is very pretty, and she should have nothing to be embarrassed about. I was impressed as heck to see how dedicated she was in polishing her jeep, while her dad seemed to just stand around and take all the credit.;)

Boy you got me there. I love a guy who calls it the way he sees it.

We enjoyed the photo a whole bunch too. Just in time for the bird gathering and all.

Great job West.

Assuming that it is the same car UNDERNEATH the sheet metal, 1933 Pontiac. Yay.....I win the extra 10 points!!

Yes. And not being that familiar with 1933 Pontiacs, you can kind of see why I didn't double guess myself. I didn't realize until now how ahead of the styling curve GM was in 1933. It seems to me that most companies did not skirt their fenders that much in 1933, and most did not start dropping the front fenders down so low until 1934.

There's still 20 points out there for anyone who can identify the misidentified car in the Hershey story. 10 for spotting the photo, and 10 for coming up with a correct i.d. Actually, I'll give an extra 20 for coming up with a correct i.d.

Unfortunately, all this funnin' makes it sound like the mistakes are a big joke. I feel terrible when I misidentify a car, because the real owner is slighted. I apologize for the blunders. Usually, when a mistake is brought to my attention, I try to make up for it by printing the photo again in the letters section with correct information.

Edited by West Peterson (see edit history)

Also an anomaly. Read the text on page 67.

For those of you bent on finding mistakes, I did provide two real mistakes for you. One is a misidentified car in the Hershey story, and another in the Annual Grand National Meet story. Go to work and see who can find them first.

Don't know it it's your error or not...But...On page 64 I'm pretty sure the Executive Director of the AACA Museum name is not "Michael Bennett".