Reatta by David McIntosh

Barney Eaton

David McIntosh was the designer who's sketch was chosen for the Reatta.

David never owned a Reatta while working for GM but has purchased one or two since retiring. He also attended the 2008 BCA national meet in Flint and displayed several of his sketches at the Reatta Roundtable.

Recently I was able to get a copy of one of his early sketches (dated 1984) directly from David and picked it up yesterday from framing.

Since I had a brass prototype Reatta script, I felt they should be displayed together, so what looks like a rusty Reatta script at the bottom left, is actually a fully machined original brass part (unplated)

The problem now is finding a unoccupied spot on the wall.

post-30596-143138686401_thumb.jpg

Guest blue72beetle

Very cool! Interesting that it didn't change very much from concept to production, which I've read before.

All I've got is a picture of my vert with the original window sticker hanging up in my kitchen.

2011-07-02_17-07-21_934.jpg

Guest Kingsley

I have a suggestion - why not let the oldest fellow around here have it with a will caveat that it goes back to Barney...eventually This sounds extremely fair as Padgett would say, IMHO.

Shall the bidding war begain or is it DOA?

I think the interest of who gets it may far surpass that of the the "Longies" that are found around here now, LOL!

I have a suggestion - why not let the oldest fellow around here have it with a will caveat that it goes back to Barney...eventually This sounds extremely fair as Padgett would say, IMHO.

Shall the bidding war begain or is it DOA?

I think the interest of who gets it may far surpass that of the the "Longies" that are found around here now, LOL!

Just got a feeling that I hold the longevity record of the posters on this thread! :eek:

Guest Kingsley

To make it a real contest, I think we need at least one more old, interested Forumn participant in this pot. I know tho things: 1. I will win hands down 2. Barney will have none of this!

Uno mas!

P. S. I only wish we could put a monetary contribution fee with it all going in the pot but I am sure that there is something in the AACA/BCA/Reatta Divsion by-laws that prohibit it and the mere mention of it may well bring on a banishment. Sure am glad I did not start this thread!

Edited by Kingsley
Add to the content (see edit history)

Guest Kingsley

Jim - I think you have a great idea here and I am sure there a lot of issues at hand to do as you have suggested but I heartily endorse the concept - thanks.

I, of course, was taking full advantage of the age related idea that emerged and was sandbagging a bit in the game. At 81 and in my shop every day, I still have not achieved "Senior" status, as you have, on the Forum nor do I know the requirement therefor other than maybe a stoke or two on the keyboard.

Without permission from David, I will not copy it. Maybe he is the guy you should contact and see what he would charge. I traded part to him for the copy and the equivelent cost would be somewhere between $50-$60

Without permission from David, I will not copy it. Maybe he is the guy you should contact and see what he would charge. I traded part to him for the copy and the equivelent cost would be somewhere between $50-$60

Hi Barney, Can't speak for the others, but my comments on this thread were tounge-in-cheek. That is quite a momento that you have acquired, and I really feel that it should remain as one of a kind. However, I was glad to discover that I'm not the most senior member of this particular discussion. How can Kingsley become a "Senior Member"? He deserves the title...... Cheers, Jim:rolleyes:

At 81 and in my shop every day, I still have not achieved "Senior" status, as you have, on the Forum nor do I know the requirement therefor other than maybe a stoke or two on the keyboard.
If you want to restore the default "Senior Member" under your name, follow the instructions in the image below and then click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the Edit Your Details page.

post-52331-14313868712_thumb.jpg

If you go back to the Bugle that was published in December of 2008 there is six sketches of the Reatta. It is in an article written by Nancy Eaton called "Bringing the GM 33 to Life" There is also a photo of a Red/Red convertible in that article. David McIntosh is sitting in that car. Its a good article and good photos.

Chuck Kerls

booreatta@cox.net

316-655-1099