54 LANDAU LADY MYSTERY SOLVED

RICK YOUNG

A friend of our son contacted her Aunt in California with a pic of the Landau Lady.

Her Aunt successfully identified the mode as French Model Arpi Ermoyan who was a popular model frequently featured in Harpers Bazaar magazine in the 50's

More info to follow,

Lamar what say you

That's some fantastic news and some great investigative work there Rick. You said you would find out who she is and you did. This is awesome.

Here is a link to some information about her. Contained in it is a comment from one Carnig Ermoyan stating "All the previous posts are spot on, but let me add another one— Arpi's also an extroadinary mom! signed Carnig Ermoyan Today's Inspiration: Arpie Ermoyan: A known unknown

Apparently Carnig is Arpi's daughter and to me this suggests that when this article was done in 2007, Mrs Arpi Ermoyan was still alive. There is an email address given and I will be trying to make contact with her to learn more of her mom.

My mind is running wild here but what if by grace of God........ Mrs Ermoyan is still alive and what if she perhaps lives somewhere near Danvers, and what if we could reunite her with the Landau. On man, chill bumps just covered my arms......

post-31987-143138566753_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Mrs Ermoyan is still alive and what if she perhaps lives somewhere near Danvers, and what if we could reunite her with the Landau.

Be careful what you wish for, I suspect time has been much kinder to the Landau.

It's possible she is still alive. My dad graduated in 53 and is 75 years old.

Supposing she might be +10 that would have been 29 years old in 1954ish, and she was probably younger then 29 in those photos.

I think it would be great, ALL women look great in the Landau.

Thanks Bill,

That helps to complete the story.

I have every thing back with the car as it was when it left GM with the exception of one item.

I`m not telling what it is because if a judge reads this, it would lose points in Danvers.

Bob

You should thank Rick too. :D

I don't think the judges will check for original Flint air in the spare, so nothing to worry about. ;)

Your friend, Larry