Above the clouds

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

Yesterday we were falling off Donners Pass on I-80 in California and the cloud layer was below us. I took these pictures and thought I would share them.

post-30993-143138566035_thumb.jpg

post-30993-143138566056_thumb.jpg

Edited by sintid58 (see edit history)

Guest sintid58

I can't download more that one picture at a time. It keeps telling me that a security token is missing and tells me to contact system administrator then when I do that it tells me I don't have the authority to do that. Don't have time now to mess with that or add one picture at a time. Will try to add more later.

post-30993-143138566071_thumb.jpg

Edited by sintid58 (see edit history)

Sid, Thanks for posting. I may someday have the ability to see what you have, but your pictures provide at least some visual of what's to come for the time being. I, for one, and maybe others say THANK YOU!!!

Guest sintid58

After driving for 34 years I had become too busy to notice a lot of things like this. One thing my wife driving with me has showed me is that there is a lot to look at yet. I am going to try and add some more pictures again.

post-30993-143138568151_thumb.jpg

post-30993-143138568193_thumb.jpg

Guest sintid58

Over the years I have seen some amazing things while driving, some stand out more than others. I will never forget driving on US Hwy 2 in North Dakota and getting to watch an incredible show the Northern Lights put on, a couple of weeks ago driving at night from Los Angeles to Santa Maria Ca on US 101 it was a cloudless night and the ocean looked as calm as glass. The moon was out and I made Tina get up and look at it. And I have also seen some really sad things, like the time I came upon a wrecked piclkup on US Hwy 20/26 in Wyoming, 4 dead very young men on the hwy and a young girl sitting in the pickup holding another young man on her lap in tears. I found out later that they had been bar hopping in Wyoming and flipped the pickup end over end at over 100 MPH. Even at that the cab of the pickup was mostly intact and if they had worn seatbelts they probably would have all survived.

post-30993-143138568236_thumb.jpg

Guest my3buicks

We call that a heavy fog day in Western Pa : ) - you were the lucky one on the raod obove it, the unlucky ones were driving thru the clouds.