How to ship a Dynaflow

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

We stopped at Wheatbelt Thursday morning and picked up the transmission for my 55. The trailer was full front to the rear doors with Romain lettuce so we couldn't put it inside. Here are a couple pictures of it tied to the deck plate of the truck. We had a lot of problems with the truck we were driving so they put us in a different one.

post-30993-143138473426_thumb.jpg

post-30993-143138473439_thumb.jpg

post-30993-143138473449_thumb.jpg

post-30993-143138473459_thumb.jpg

post-30993-143138473469_thumb.jpg

Guest sintid58

Thats not a brush gaurd thats a Mini catcher, I mean a dear gaurd. The company I drive for has 30 trucks and had hit 8 deer during this winter. They do save a lot of damage to the trucks. The company I was dispatching for had them on some of there trucks. I took an accident call one time when a Mini Cooper pulled in so close after passing our truck that she hooked the gaurd and lost control and was pushed sideways down the road in front of the truck while he stopped. No damage to our truck but the Cooper was totalled. She was very lucky the car didn't start to roll in front of the truck.

Guest 4 bufords

pete,maybe sid backed his rig up sue and kens driveway,not impossible for a pro driver.4 bufords from ct

I want to know how you turned that truck around in Ken and Sue's driveway! I've been there and don't recall much pavement or gravel! They are really out in the middle of nowhere, aren't they?!

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, TX

hence the brush guards...:)

Guest Rob McDonald

Imagine the look on the faces of the proprietors of Wheatland, when a full-size 81-wheeler came up the lane - backward. "I'm here to pick up a Dynaflow."

"We've got one right here but you'll find that it's not as big as you seem to have been told."

Guest sintid58

Actually I drove in and backed out. Nothing too drmatic. Very nice to meet Ken Sue was getting ready to take her mom to the DRl so I didn't see her.

Edited by sintid58 (see edit history)

The first time I went to Wheatbelt, Ken and Sue grilled up a bunch of hamburgers for us. They invited us inside their house for lunch. It was the first time I had really met them, but they knew I was coming with a friend and decided to cook us lunch. They don't get any better then Ken and Sue.

Ken's cousin. Jody Brown, did the upholstery in this car. (see thumbnail) Did a great job considering what he had to work with. My son-inlaw now owns and drives our daughter and grandkids around in it. I have met Ken and Sue and talked to them on a number of occasions. You are right, they are the best.:)

post-54279-143138475777_thumb.jpg

Guest sintid58

When we loaded it I set it on a piece of carpet and tied it down. The deck plate wa almost the same height as the pickup bed (lucky guess). When we got home we just slid it from the deck plate into he pickup bed.

Nice!!!

Back in early 1975 I took a trip to buy a used dynaflow. All we had at the time was my wife's 73 Ford Maverick. We got the tranny in the trunk by tilting it and it slipped in. Of course the rear end was dragging all the way home.

When I got it to the shop we really were struggling to get that thing out of that little trunk opening. What a mess... Sounds like you had a much better plan from the start.