Michigan memory...

keiser31

Got this license plate from my step-mother's estate in the mail, today. I would imagine that it is part of the sets that were nailed to the inside studs of our old craftsman style garage in Royal Oak. There were sets from 1917 to 1971 that the previous owner of the house had put up. They were all in pretty nice condition. When I moved to California in 1972, I took them down and split the sets with my buddy and I (BIG MISTAKE on my part). I had a year of each and so did he. I kept mine and I don't even remember who my buddy was that I gave the other set to. Otherwise, I would hunt him down and get them back and match them up with their mates. Anyway...here it is...

post-37352-143138361993_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138362002_thumb.jpg

There's a garage in North Central Alabama that the gentleman either owns or works for a company with a fleet of vehicles since the sixties. The exterior of his barns is completely covered in Alabama tags from 63 forward, in sets of 16 consecutive numbers. Such an odd decoration that it almost looks like you're too close to a photo mosaic. very impressive though!

Guest Jim_Edwards
There's a garage in North Central Alabama that the gentleman either owns or works for a company with a fleet of vehicles since the sixties. The exterior of his barns is completely covered in Alabama tags from 63 forward, in sets of 16 consecutive numbers. Such an odd decoration that it almost looks like you're too close to a photo mosaic. very impressive though!

Beats the heck out of vinyl for siding, and cheaper too!............:D

You should try to get the matching one back.. I have a matching pair of 1914 Indiana plates from my Grandfather. That was the first year for plates in Indiana too. I have had several offers, but I want to keep them in the family.

I know that the earlier ones that I have would be worth a lot as a pair. Some of the ones around 1917 have little aluminum insignias on them...very cool. Now, If I only knew who had the matching plates....

Guest Indianfour

To Hotrod Tom: I believe that 1914 was the first year for the Indiana plate. The 1913 plate was made of porcelain and is very desirable.

I have a complete set of Indiana plates from 1917 until the gentlemens death in the mid-a960's. His son inherited them and got rid of them immediately (to

me). Since then I have gathered the rest of 'the plates up to this date. I had them on display at my place of business for at least fifteen years and now they are on my garage wall. I also located two of the metal 1913 porcelian plates. IndianFour

/