Survivor?

Guest Hal Davis (MODEL A HAL)

Guest Hal Davis (MODEL A HAL)

Let's take a poll. Would you rather:<P>a) Spend the evening in your air conditioned living room watching Survivor.<P>or<P>B) Spend the evening in your 90 degree shop hand crafting wooden body supports for your 70 year old car on your grandfather's 50 year old table saw.<P>

I'll take B and "that's my final answer". I think I rather be swaping the tranny on an '46 Dodge with fluid drive that has spent the last 20 years in a river, than watch that show...I just don't get it. confused.gif<P>------------------<BR>buickfam@aol.com<BR>Life long Buick Fan.<BR>1965 Skylark H/T<BR>1965 Gran Sport Convertible<BR>1948 Chevy Pickup with 401 Buick.

I'll pick working on the car. Can't understand why people want to sit in the house and watch TV when they could be crawling under the car, getting grease, oil, dirt and general crud on them. If that is not for them, then sometimes just polishing the hubcaps and bumpers with the radio on is good enough for me.

Survivor is the ultimate example of junk television. Old junk and not-so-junk cars win vs. Survivor, so (B) is my final answer. Dan B., is it possible that the drill press manufacturer didn't count on one of the extra "nuts" being outside the original packaging?

Guest BruceW

I would much prefer enjoying our 1931 Ford Deluxe Tudor rather than an over-hyped tv show. The DelTudor has been around 69 years.. ..with most of its original equipment... and didn't require an engine rebuild until last year. Like any other antique car that is still around...and hasn't been subjected to a chopped top.. channeled body... etc..I call THAT a survivor!

Let's play survivor! First person to log in gets to vote one car off the island:<P> 1. 1940 LaSalle coupe<BR> 2. 1936 Cord (Beverly sedan)<BR> 3. 1951 Jaguar XK120<BR> 4. 1971 Hemicuda convertible<BR> 5. 1938 American Bantam sedan delivey<BR> 6. 1953 Studebaker Starliner coupe<BR> 7. 1958 Alfa Romeo Guilletta coupe<BR> 8. 1911 Buick speedster<BR> 9. 1957 Thunderbird (factory supercharged)<BR>10. The @#%%* Hyundai the guy drove to work the day he developed the concept for "Survivor".<P>Please note--the deck is partially stacked. Also, no fair parachuting in stowaways!

sure take #10 off the list. Now that the guy has a network hit (I don't watch much TV so Im assuming Survivor is a TV show) wont be needing the Hyundai except for its $25 trade in value towards his new "Hollywood Guy" cool.gif 4x4 Mercedes SUV (a trendy overpriced urban luxury off road vehicle that most certainly will NEVER see any off road. rolleyes.gif Well, maybe just one late night, after hours intoxicated excursion across the counrty clubs putting green and over to the sand trap to pee and find out if it actually has 4 wheel drive) wink.gif<BR> As for my answer, since banging two bricks together is not an option, I'll have to go with "B". grin.gif

JudyP - No way it's 'nuff said! Register on this site, it's free and no obligation, etc.<BR>Then tell us where it's 95 and more about the Star and what you are trying to do with it. FYI, we all appreciate the fact that you are using good sense and not watching junk TV. grin.gif

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Hi boys and girls, Here in NY it has starter already. The network ownered WCBS started at 7:30 with 2 talking heads doing a preshow show. Good time to check out the DF. SalG

I don't care who wins the 1 million. I have not watched and do not intend to watch any of these show old or new. I am getting real close to taking WCBS2 off my channel selector. I am so sick and tired of hearing about this show. There are much more interesting shows on any other network. And of course this discussion group it also 1000 percent better<P>Ruth

Well guess what folks!! I ain't tellin' you who won. grin.gif I thought you'll like to know that after the superbowl in Jan. There will be another survivor show from the outback of Austrailia (however you spell it). I know you're just thrilled with that news. wink.gif

I am far away fro US, here in Brazil, so I have no idea what this TV show, Survivor, is, but I would definetively spend my precious time under my old cars rather than wasting it watching TV.<P>Julio Albernaz

Missed the last Survivor show. Must have been working on my 40 Ford or 71 Lotus. Hours do fly by. I tried to watch Survivor awhile back and after 5 minutes I was yelling at the TV, "Shut up and get a life!"<BR>By the way, most extra nuts are usually dropped into the equipment by people who watch a lot of TV. Your postings are way more entertaining than TV!

Guest c.johnson

My Dad came up with a suggestion, why don't they come up with a show like "This Old Car"?? <P>It is probably already being done on one of those cable channels. But then why pay for TV when most of it isn't worth watching? grin.gif<P>cj

There <I> was </I> a "This Old Car" show done on PBS about 10 years ago. Two guys (I think in MN) went through the process of buying and restoring a white 1965 Mustang convertible. The title of it escapes me, but somewhere I have a tape with all 13 episodes copied. <P>It's this show that I keep hoping the aftermarket infomercials on TNN weekends will someday start emulating.