New Member in OK with 26 Buick

Guest guthriesmith

Guest guthriesmith

My name is Jeff and I recently came across this forum when trying to research information on a 26 Buick I bought a few weeks ago. I am glad I found this group and hope to learn a lot. My car was restored in '61 and was mainly stored and driven on occasion until the last few years when it was parked by the previous owner. I plan to get it up and running again shortly, but am trying to learn as much as possible about how to maintain it before driving it too much. I have worked on old cars for years and have several other old cars, but have very little experience with cars earlier than the 40's. I also need to put a new top on it and a few other cosmetic things in the near future. I attached a picture although not a very good one of the car where I had it stored for a week or so to keep it out of the rain until I could make room in my shop. I got it in the shop last week, so now it is in a good place to work on it.

Glad to be here,

Jeff

post-71075-143138332993_thumb.jpg

Hi, Jeff. Great looking car. Welcome to the wonderful world of 1920's Buicks. I have some suggestions for you. You've started in the right place, but the Pre-War Forum is more specific to your needs. I'd place my posts there. I also recommend the Buick Heritage Alliance - Buick Heritage Alliance | Home, as a resource. On their home page, click on "browse archive by year" in the lower lefthand corner. On the next page, click on 1926 and the material available will come up. They have the shop manual, owner's manual, parts list, etc.

The BCA has a couple of members who are technical advisors for the 1926 models. I suggest that you join the club.

If you post your engine & frame number, attn: Dave Corbin, on the Pre-War Forum, he can tell you the probability that the engine is original to the car, and approximately when your car was built.

Good luck with the car, and keep us all posted.

Welcome Jeff, I am sure you will enjoy the ride....

When you join the BCA the PreWar Division membership is free. We email a newsletter six times each year with articles and photos of prewar Buicks along with information on tours and activities for prewar Buicks.

I also suggest you contact Randy Dekker near the north end of Oklahoma City. He has a beautiful 27 Buick roadster and I am sure he can help you with your car.

Great looking Buick. Our Buick Bugle editor and restorer, Pete Phillips lives in the Sherman TX area and would be a good fellow to know.

Also when you get ready for spring, remember there is a spring Buick meet in Salado Tx in April. (just below Temple on I-35) you might want to plan on bringing you car. This year we had two 1932 Buicks plus about 25 later models.

Guest guthriesmith

Thanks for all the welcomes and the information. I will have to check out some of the other resources that have been mentioned. Jeff