Anybody found a replacement antenna mast part number?

atikovi

I've come across these numbers 22072185, 22038195, 22039349, 19151297 but they are no longer available. There is a complete original power antenna in a 92 Riviera with the antenna all the way down in a pick&pull. Would that fit my '90 Reatta? If I take the top nut off and put power to it, will the mast come out? And can I just use that mast in my car?

Guest Double M

They have a very fine power antennea at Auto Zone for about 59.99 that fits. It is exactly like the one I found in my 90 Reatta. It is just a regular power antenna. Nothing special. In fact I replaced mine with a $9.99 Rubber non power antennea. It simply unscrews and the whole unit comes out from the bottom. Hope this helps!

Guest steveskyhawk

The cheapest and easiest way to fix the broken power antenna on your Reatta is to replace it with a good working used unit. Don't bother to take anything apart. Once you have a good one installed you must clean the mast with Scotchbrite and then put some light oil on it. If this maintenance had been done sooner the antenna probably would never have broken to begin with.

Guest steveskyhawk

No need to swap the whole tube. Just swap the connector. You may need to drill one hole.

Easiest way is to go back and get one from an earlier car.

I have good tested units that are a direct fit if you prefer.

I have purchased the 22039349 within the last year.

GM continues to drop part numbers and the parts are made in Mexico and usually must be worked on to fit. When the crimp the mast to the plastic line, they smash it too much and it will not fit into the other parts.

I will be at my dealer this week and will check on what numbers are still available.

Guest Mc_Reatta

Try this site for help.

www.AntennaMastsRus.com, Antenna Masts Rus, Antenna Mast Rus, POWER ANTENNA, POWER ANTENNA MASTS, POWER ANTENNA MAST, ANTENNA MASTS, ANTENNA MAST, MANUAL ANTENNA

Don't have a direct replacement for a Reatta, but I think the same antenna was used in many other GM cars of the era. There is one for the Le Sabre and Riviera same vintage.

Correct if rong but a few synaps are saying that GM used the same basic antenna for many but not all had the same mast. Reatta may have had the shortest (to fit in trunk) and another may not retract fully.

Guest Kingsley

Just ordered one from AntennasRUs and it will be interesting to see if it does - I have a hunch that it will. If it does, I will comment on the fit.

Over the past several weeks or so, I have ordered hard to get items that appeared in vendors listed inventory but in a good 90% or so they come back to say, sorry, we do not have it. Some refund the payment immediately, some take a while.

Amazon is the latest, coming back and saying that AC-Direct has not indicated shipment of the Reatta accumulator that I ordered and suggested that I contact them direct using the order number. This is one in which I did not have much faith due the $106 price whereas other sources were in the $170 range. Amazon has not charged my credit card however. I will check but suspect that it will create as much noise and concern as a pin dropping on the floor.

Unfortunately, I do not see any remedy for this - large vendors have far too much clout - but is something we have to put up with - and continue to chase.

I use Amazon quite a bit for just about everything.. They do not charge until the part ships. I did buy an accumulator a year ago and had no problems (son bought a PRIME membership so usually get 2 day free shipping even on $4 item. Dunno if makes any difference in service.)

Do advise checking around because sometimes they are lowest (particularly with free shipping), other times going to the source is better, best to check before ordering.

Key is you need the secret phone numbers for customer service, (800) 201-7575 or (866) 216-1072, I have had a few issues but they were all resolved quickly.

BTW sometimes a part is just not available, in that case they give you an option of either keeping the order open or cancelling.

Guest Kingsley

This has reference to my previous post - No. 14 above.

Lo and behold - I have belatedly received shipping info from ACPartsdirect covering my purchase of two accumulators @ $107.00 each or so through Amazon who has now charged my account. Padgett is right on Amazon!

• 4 years later...

if you just need the top section that has the plastic cord attached the parts shown will probably work.

I stopped using plastic parts because there was no way of knowing how long they will last....... when they would break.

The complete antennas shown in the same link may not be "plug-n-play" the cable connectors are probably different and you will need to cut and splice.

There could also be issues with the coax and you might need adaptors.

got the antenna in the mail the other day (the one I quoted with the posted link).

it is not the same, but... the only differance is the mast is about a inch too long.

So I simply matched it up to my old mast, put it in a vice, cut it down with a hacksaw, then re-threaded it, and it works/looks perfectly.

So to sum it up, about a extra 10 minutes worth of work for me.  not such a big deal for me being I had the proper tools handy, but not everybody may have a vice, hacksaw, and the right size thread-die laying around.

but fwiw, there are my results.

I installed a toggle switch so it doesn't raise when I'm listening to my cds'/mp3 player, so maybe it will last for awhile.

Pictures would have helped understand what you did.   From your description, the one you received the smallest top section of the mast was too long.  

You re pretty good as that part is stainless and putting those 4-40 threads on that small stainless rod is not an easy job.

More important, was the plastic cord the same length?  An inch in either direction can shorten the life of the cord.

Second question, why is my response being centered?   How do I make it go back to left hand justified?

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

the plastic part was the same size. no other differences other than the steel mast being too long.

believe it or not, it wasn't difficult at all cutting new threads. matter fact, I couldn't find my tool that holds that size die, so I just used a pair of channel locks and went slow.

I would recommend using a band-saw or hack-saw like I did to cut the mast. using something like a die-grinder cut-off tool may get the metal hot and make it even more hard.