Hello, a new Reatta owner

Guest TheShadow87

Guest TheShadow87

Hi,

I recently purchased a blue '89 Reatta that was coincidentally listed on here. Ever since I knew what this car was it was a mission to have one, and now I do. Here is a photo, courtesy of the previous owner. I really hope to be involved with the Reatta association because I firmly believe that this car deserves to live on for as long as people can drive them.

64658_871900891584_12315970_47282626_4090449_n.jpg

Guest toyolet23

I will miss that car. One of the nicest I have owned. Take good care of it & when you are ready to move on to something else you will get a good return on your investment. :):):)

Guest TheShadow87

Well, the price was fair and it runs great, so I think we all ended up satisfied. Now that I've become accustomed to the Reatta's computer system, driving a car without it will be underwhelming to say the least. My friends all really love it too, we agree that it was the car of the future in the late '80s and it was unfortunate it lasted as long as it did. I love to show it to people for the first time. I go through all the computer modes and end the tour with the reminder system with the cleverly placed "Get laid" note. Gotta love the cargo doors too that lock, a perfect place to put cassettes.

Guest TheShadow87

The Reatta's front-loading cassette system is by far the best I've EVER experienced on a car. I actually just bought a high-quality cassette cleaner, so it'll be sounding even better soon. Those 8 speakers rule.

Guest steveskyhawk

Can't speak for the cassette player because I use an Iphone/aux input. I ageree with the shadow that when you get the capicitors replaced in the radio module and the lower speakers in the doors replaced it is a nice sounding system.

Guest ReattaFan1
Hi,

I recently purchased a blue '89 Reatta that was coincidentally listed on here. Ever since I knew what this car was it was a mission to have one, and now I do. Here is a photo, courtesy of the previous owner. I really hope to be involved with the Reatta association because I firmly believe that this car deserves to live on for as long as people can drive them.

64658_871900891584_12315970_47282626_4090449_n.jpg

Great Find! That's a nice looking car. Im looking for one and it's a few in the area for sale. The one Im looking at is an 88 and is only $500 and Im sure it's going to need some TLC. the font bumper left headlight is messed up. Im kinda hesitant knowing that 88 wasn't equipped with the keyless entry. But I suppose as long as it has power locks I could easily integrate an alarm keyless entry system. The other one I was looking at was at a 1990 Reatta for $800 but it needed a fuel pump and I wasn't happy with the redesigned digital dash and I not happy with the dash design. I really love the 88, and 89 information center/radio console. Wish me luck

Guest TheShadow87

I agree completely. The Reatta's computer system is without a doubt the BEST feature I've experienced in a car. The trip computer, the thermometer, car warnings: "Driver's door ajar", the reminder system, the internal calendar. I Just bought a very nice quality but affordable tape head cleaning cassette. It got a lot of the oxide off the heads to the point that they were brown. I put in a tape, and the quality is now near-crystal with the eight speaker system.

Guest ReattaFan1
I agree completely. The Reatta's computer system is without a doubt the BEST feature I've experienced in a car. The trip computer, the thermometer, car warnings: "Driver's door ajar", the reminder system, the internal calendar. I Just bought a very nice quality but affordable tape head cleaning cassette. It got a lot of the oxide off the heads to the point that they were brown. I put in a tape, and the quality is now near-crystal with the eight speaker system.

At some point Ill want to get the information on integrating my itouch is there a known radio connector or harness modification that has a line level AUX or CD changer input? Until I get all the info I'll just stick with a cassette iPod adapter.

Im curious on the internal calender... To what date can it be set? For instance I have a SONY SVHS date is only good to the year 2005. Has anyone tried advancing the date to see how far out it can be set

Edited by ReattaFan1
one last thought to add (see edit history)