What's my 63 worth

RICK YOUNG

Some of you have seen my 63.

Interested in a "honest" idea of what it is worth.

* New Paint

* New interior & carpet ( not correct)

* Fresh Eng OH New Pistons,

* Eng Number matches Chasis #

* 2brl Rochester

* Dynalflow rebuilt

* 80% Redline Radials

* New Brakes Frt/Rr w/new wheel bearings

* Front windshield scratched

* Bumbers straight but not perfect chrome

* With or without graphics????

I'd like to get into a Riv Convertible & the self imposed rule is 1 car per stable.

I have the August Old Cars Report Price Guide.

#1 - $20k

#2 - $14k

#3 - $9k

That is one guide...take it for what it is worth. From that, I'd suggest it would be in the range of 10-15k, possibly more to the right person. I hadn't looked closely at the interior.

I too like the graphics, but they are now dated...the right person may want them on, but Joe Schmuck just buying a car may not. In my mind, the graphics shouldn't go with the car unless it is to a BCA member...if not, then the BCA name could be mud...or at least covered in it.

I think the graphics evoke the image of a race car...maybe that's why Mike thinks they make the car look fast.

So, not being able to insult you...is that a challenge?

Guest wildcat465

I like this car. It is a one of a kind. I hope you keep it Rick.

But as far as value, there is only one answer

One Meelion Dollars!

Guest wildcat62

I'd like to get into a Riv Convertible & the self imposed rule is 1 car per stable.

I think your problem is the rule, that or you need more stables.

Guest wildcat465
Of course the other answer is that it is worth about $100...I'll be generous and put $150 in the mail ;):D

Pshaw! I'll go $200 USD, that's a hell of a lot more than $150 Canadian. $150 Canadian buys you like a fun size candy bar.

Oh Oh !:eek:

I think that is the same as a "double dog dare".

Well.... I traded it for another Lesabre.

It doesn't even have the top part of the car.

But a acceptable trade for both parties.

I'm happier than 2 pigs in a blanket. No wait that doesn't fit here.

Anyway, as soon as I can figure out how to downsize the pics or wait for it to quit raining so I can take pics with my lo-tek camera, I'll post them here.

Right on. In spite of the detuning, the 455 still has enough get up and go. While not a convertible, the Electra can chirp the tires easily and I'm told by the driver was quite content at 80-85 on the highway.

Now you can get sunburn and windburn on your forehead all at the same time....

Rick

Congrats on the new aquasition !! looks very nice!! You'll find the car very happy & enjoyable to drive on long road trips on the highway. Extremely comfortable at highway speeds. Just watch yourself--- the horses have a tendency to want to stretch their legs at highway speeds--- you think your sprinting around 70 and look down at the speedo and easily find it around 80+. Have had mine since "New" -- May 1975, and still find it a dream to drive cross country---- 18 straight hours behind the wheel last year from Chicago to Colorado Springs and the same on the return trip--- and a very enjoyable 5-6 hr drive this year to Ames & home, with the top down. Good Luck with yours and enjoy !!

Guest wildcat62

Rick, nice looking vert, but I gotta point out if you are gonna post a picture of a stable like that...you could easily park a lot of Buicks in there. Looks like 30x60...plus tall enough to stack 2 high all along...3 high in some spots...

Even without the 63 or 75, I would still have the Rendezvous (I can't even spell it).

But not sure it would count. I asked Barney if the Rendezvous was "Buick Bred", he said

" Well, when you're a close 1st cousin to a Pontiac AZTEC

does it really matter ":o

Any way the truck needs a few things this winter so it'll take a stall.

Guest wildcat465

Aw heck Rick. The Rendezvous counts as a Buick. It just doesn't need one of the stable stalls. Donna parks the Rainier outside, and she's OK with that.

I really identified you with the 63. I can adjust. AND, it doesn't matter what I think, as long as YOU are having fun.

1st trip out yesterday with the 75, a hour and half cruise to my brother in laws' (he's not a bad guy for as B-I-L'S go.

Damned if he didn't have a new Enclave in the garage which replaced a Traverse.

Anyway, a smooooooth ride. I had a he11 of a time keeping it under '55'.