Great Lakes Regional

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

What forum members are planning on attending the GLR in Columbus this weekend? I will be there. Bringing the orange Centurion, sounds like the perfect weather weekend. Will put the top down when I leave home and probably not put it up again untill I get home.

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

We are, entered the 48' Super 56C, should be a great show, ideal location, hotels and good food nearby. The weather is expected to be exceptional.

Kevin & Cherie Moore

Mt. Vernon, OH

BCA #42862

Will be there with 65 Lesabre conv. on Friday late afternoon. Tom, enjoyed the article in Hemmings Muscle Machines and talking with you in Archbold 2 years ago. Curious to see which one you bring. Keith, look forward to seeing the Centurion. Weather looks real good.

Guest wildcat465
Are they aware that there may be some common folk like a few Texas Road Warriors and that there will be judging and possibly some trailer queens.:D

Willie - You are the best!

Rick: I'm here at the Regional. Mike Book said you are sending this beautiful weather compliments of the BCA Board. Great job. Hard to top this. Nice to see people gathered around the cars here in the evening not swatting flies and sweat rolling off our necks.

Great Lakes Regional meet was well done and Mike said they had 115 registered. There seemed to be more Buick from '40 to '50 than most meets. I was supprised at the lack of '55-57 Buicks. I don't recall seeing any '56, one '57, and one '58, no '59 or 60.

I liked the two places we went to see car collections. On Thursday we toured about 15 miles to one of the trophy sponsers shop. Right Stuff got started making Camaro disc brake kits and now makes them for may older cars plus new steel and stainless brake lines. They just started making parking brake cables. Check out their web page at (getdiscbrakes.com)

The owner collects Camaros, below are some pictures of his cars and some of the people on the tour.

The second shop was completely different. The program said "Car collection and fire engines"

The guy doesn't collect fire engines, he makes them and it is a big company, but still family owned. Do a search for "sutphen" and you can see the varity of fire engines they make.

His collection ranges from fun cars to serious. How about a roadster pickup with a 500 ci V16 Marmon engine with twin turbos? see picture. The serious side is Packards, Pierce Arrows, Lincolns, Cords, Cadillacs, and others.

post-30596-143138294509_thumb.jpg

post-30596-143138294512_thumb.jpg

post-30596-143138294514_thumb.jpg

post-30596-143138294517_thumb.jpg

Guest BCAOffice

Thanks to all of you that attended the meet! We very much appreciated having Buick members from Texas, Rhode Island, Missouri, Tennessee, Georgia attending as well as all our Great Lakes Region members that came! We had fun, and on behalf of the entire Central Ohio Chapter, we thank you all!

Mike & Nancy Book

GLR Meet Co-Chairs

If I recall correctly there were 4(?) 47-48 convertibles. All very nicely done. Doug Seybold's 1940 Estate Wagon and Marc Swiegard's 32-95 phaeton were stunning. You couldn't miss spotting Keith Bleakney's 72 Centurion Conv with the special order Burnt Orange paint.

Looking forward to next year's Regional in Westlake,Oh August 4-6 hosted by the Northeast Ohio Chapter.