Memorial day message

Terry Bond

This is a special weekend for our family. Three of our family members rest in peace in our National Cemetary at Arlington. It is to us much more than backyard cookouts and the Indy 500. I'm sure it is for many of you as well. While we will share tears of sorrow for such great loss, we also shed tears of joy that we live in a country where we can choose our leaders, choose our lifestyles, and choose our hobby. Be thankful for those who have given so much so we might enjoy our freedom. Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend. We look forward to seeing you in NY soon.

Best wishes,

Terry

Due to health issues that kept my father and both of my brothers out of the military I don't come from a military background in my core family.

But my cousin retired as a Captain from the United States Coast Guard having graduated first in his class from the U.S.C.G. Academy. Bill served during Viet Nam and reached the rank of Captain in the United States Air Force. I had one uncle that served in the Army and one that was a "Sea Bee". My nephew is currently in the W.Va. Air National Guard in addition to being a Deputy Sheriff in an adjoining county.

Just last year we lost a very close friend and fellow AACA member, William Wayne ""Billy Wayne" Wood. He was a "Screaming Eagle" during the Korean war.

For every man and woman that have served, are currently serving or those that will in the future your sacrifice and that of your loved ones is remembered and honored.

Edited by Shop Rat (see edit history)

My friend, John W. Finn died yesterday. He was a Congressional Medal Of Honor winner in WW2. Shot down a bunch of Japanese planes at Pearl Harbor and was an avid old car guy. I will miss his great smile. Look him up on GOOGLE. I thank him and all service men for the things they did and gave up to preserve our freedom and defend our soil.

Guest dokks6t9

I'm a Viet Nam era vet. My family has fought in WWI, WWII, Korea, Viet Nam, and Iraq. I put up a short message on facebook, explaining the meaning of Memorial Day, and to give thanks and a prayer before people stuff their faces with food. I had only 1 response, from my daughter. Sad.....

Edited by dokks6t9 (see edit history)

My friend, John W. Finn died yesterday. He was a Congressional Medal Of Honor winner in WW2. Shot down a bunch of Japanese planes at Pearl Harbor and was an avid old car guy. I will miss his great smile. Look him up on GOOGLE. I thank him and all service men for the things they did and gave up to preserve our freedom and defend our soil.

My condolences to you. I read his story tonight. Amazing gentleman by the sounds of it.

I hope you all have a good Memorial Day.

We had a local fellow who worked as a hired man for about 10 years on our farm in the late 60's and 1970's. He also was a WWII vet and use to tell me storys about being a cook in the army over seas. He past a week ago. God bless the Greatest Generation. :) Dandy Dave!

Guest 1hooligan

The meaning of Momorial Day, seems to be over shadowed to often, by BBQ's, Beer, and family outings. Having lost eleven family members, including my father in service, it is a day of thanks and remembering the cost of our nation. Not sure if the rest of the world will ever really know the cost of freedom. They seem quick to condem, and unwilling to try to understand. God bless America, and all of your service men and women current and past.

Thank you to all the Veterans out there as well as their families impacted by their service to the country.

May we all remember what THEY have done for us.

Thanks Dad, now 82, Merchant Marine

Thanks to my Father in law, 79, US Army.

Flag is flown proudly at this street address every day.