Oldsmobile Truck

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

I stopped at Walcott IA at the Iowa 80 travel center Thursday night to grab a shower and up on the 2nd floor where you wait they have an open area that you can look down onto the main floor. In the middle of that there is an old fashioned car hoist with a Oldmobile truck with what looks like a petroleum tank on it. The plates said 1919 so I assume that was the year. I know they have a museum that has quite a few trucks but I have never had the time when it is open to stop and go through it. I wonder if there are any Buick trucks there. Might make an interesting stop on the way to Ames for those of you coming from the East. Supposedly its the worlds largest truck stop. I stop mainly because they have nice clean drivers showers.

Edited by sintid58 (see edit history)

If you happen to remember the address, I'd like to do some searching around. I've always wondered what was built in the different plants. There was a presence here in Winnipeg with carburetors. So far as I know, back in the day, Buicks were all built in Oshawa. Walkerton built engines.

I generally try to avoid Regina...it's kind of a necessary evil getting back to the home country though. I might even tour through some time just to see the old plant. I grew up about 40 miles north of Saskatoon, where the water was always good....

• 1 year later...

I am looking for information about early buick trucks. I came across a barn find and the truck is more or less complete. I think it is an early truck because the exhaust push rods and springs are exposed. How rare are these buick trucks? It looks like a 3/4 ton and is a roadster body and flat bed. The major problem is that the transmission is shot and in pieces. Are there parts out there and is there any real interest in these trucks? Thanks Paul

Barny, although they are rare, there were Oldsmobile Trucks. A friend of mine had one years ago and could not find a distibutor assembly for it. The pot metal casting just fell apart. Dandy Dave!

After posting the earlier message, I consulted my Olds book and 1919 was the first year for the Oldsmobile truck. The way the book is written, it is not easy to determine how many models and for how many years.

I am looking for information about early buick trucks. I came across a barn find and the truck is more or less complete. I think it is an early truck because the exhaust push rods and springs are exposed. How rare are these buick trucks? It looks like a 3/4 ton and is a roadster body and flat bed. The major problem is that the transmission is shot and in pieces. Are there parts out there and is there any real interest in these trucks? Thanks Paul
Suggest you post here http://forums.aaca.org/f115/buick-trucks-197297.html

A photo and any numbers would help identify it

Always a chance its a car cut down into a truck