29 and 30 rims

Povertycove

Different size fellowes as what I can remember, I will have to look and see to confirm sizes. early will not work with late. its defanitely no obvious but it is there when you try and put them together.

That looks like a REAL floormat, Povertycove. Is it? Also it appears you have the deluxe interior, but still have wood wheels, proving the wires were a seperate option. I certainly would not call that ragid!! I'd take a right car over a trailer queen any day. Could you show a picture of the gas cap, top and bottom, PLEASE? Also, it looks like part of your engine was painted at least once. Is the green/grey paint on the steering box original?

Edited by nearchoclatetown (see edit history)

That looks like a REAL floormat, Povertycove. Is it? Also it appears you have the deluxe interior, but still have wood wheels, proving the wires were a seperate option. I certainly would not call that ragid!! I'd take a right car over a trailer queen any day. Could you show a picture of the gas cap, top and bottom, PLEASE? Also, it looks like part of your engine was painted at least once. Is the green/grey paint on the steering box original?

It looks to me like two floor mats. The lower one looks original, but has been cut off at the "bend". The upper one looks added and offset with a wide flat margin at the left side.

Neither floor mat looks original to me, I think I mentioned a week ago that I was waiting for pict. coming from car that is in museum in Canada, well he sent more than I could have asked for and he is sending more details next week including the decals on brake reservoir and oil filter. He prob. sent no less than 30 photos to me this evening, ( he is the director I think ) This car is the most original I have seen yet with exception of the shifter knob of all things.

I told him I would send him the correct one if he wanted.

Anyway closeups of floormat, and many other things if anyone is interested.

I think Jason (1930/ is right -- the floormat may not be original, though it fits well. It is a single mat, but cracked over the battery access. The pieces fitting over the gearshift and brake are obviously cobbled. I have only one other photo -- not a good one, that I can send. I'm down in our winter home in Florida, the car is up in one of my barns in midcoast Maine. Thanks for the helpful comments on the car. I bought it in Utica NY several years ago, and other than rewiring, new hydraulics and the like, haven't had to do much. The car, other than being greasy and dirty, was just perfect underneath. I just have the problem with two rims that give the car a slight wobble at 45. My guess is that the front springs need to be rearced and strengthened for a proper ride. It clearly has the power to do 55-60 if I could get the above tasks straightened out. My guess is that the engine has been rebuilt in its history. Runs well, no smoke.

Thanks for your interest!

post-41882-143138170307_thumb.jpg

Can't believe it! I actually found my notes on the rim sizes. The 1930 (DD, I think) rims have a width of 4.5 inches, the 29 (DA) has a width of 4.0 inches.

(I also have noted that the "inside rim width" for the '30 is 1.5 inches, while the "inside rim width" of the '29 is 2 inches. I have no idea what that means.)

Nice car, povertycove! You mention the pieces over the gearshift and brake are "cobbled". As far as I know they were always seperate pieces. I have my original (which is packed) for around the gearshift. It seems thick and feels like there is metal buried within the rubber piece. I think Steele Rubber has repos of that. I've also seen in the back of the DB magazine repos that are for a DA, but unlike mine that have a pattern of triple grooves in them and seem thinner w/ no metal in them. Does anyone know which is original?

The originals do have the metal insert inside. I also have original pads and there are repros being made and they are close to original pattern.

Not sure how your measuring those rims, my 30 rims are 1 5/8 like I think you suggested to me on tele. Unless I am measuring a different way than what you are doing. You say 1.5 above and that I believe is the measurement that you need to use. You almost need to remeasure your wheels and post pict. of how you are measuring. DA parts book lists a before and after depending on serial # for wood wheels and same for wire.

I think Jason (1930/ is right -- the floormat may not be original, though it fits well. It is a single mat, but cracked over the battery access. The pieces fitting over the gearshift and brake are obviously cobbled. I have only one other photo -- not a good one, that I can send. I'm down in our winter home in Florida, the car is up in one of my barns in midcoast Maine. Thanks for the helpful comments on the car. I bought it in Utica NY several years ago, and other than rewiring, new hydraulics and the like, haven't had to do much. The car, other than being greasy and dirty, was just perfect underneath. I just have the problem with two rims that give the car a slight wobble at 45. My guess is that the front springs need to be rearced and strengthened for a proper ride. It clearly has the power to do 55-60 if I could get the above tasks straightened out. My guess is that the engine has been rebuilt in its history. Runs well, no smoke.

Thanks for your interest!

Nice car! I would look closer at the kingpins on the front axle before doing spring work for the wobble.