1918 Rauch & Lang electric

• 4 years later...

Hello,

This is your car is after restoration. If for you or for Ms. Sharp's granddaughters/grandsons can be interesting to prolong this Rauch & Lang wonderful story, I will be happy. I have all historical documents.

best regards

August

post-88175-143142512799_thumb.jpg

post-88175-14314251277_thumb.jpg

post-88175-143142512776_thumb.jpg

post-88175-143142512781_thumb.jpg

post-88175-143142512787_thumb.jpg

post-88175-143142512791_thumb.jpg

post-88175-143142512795_thumb.jpg

It is nice to see "the rest of the story" though, and to see that the car has been brought back to life. It looked like an excellent car to start with....where does the car live now? The garage appears very interesting and has a "not USA" look to it....are those "tire lights"? Nice!.........

It is nice to see "the rest of the story" though, and to see that the car has been brought back to life. It looked like an excellent car to start with....where does the car live now? The garage appears very interesting and has a "not USA" look to it....are those "tire lights"? Nice!.........

Hello. It is a pity that I can not find the previous owners. I would extend this R & L history. First of all, I would again like to thank Mr. Galen Handy for the information provided. This is the B-26 model. According to Mr. Galen shall be six in the world and one in Europe - Lithuania. The car has all the original parts and all nodes running. Yesterday I bought the original side lamps. With regard garage - the car than a person should have a nice and clean house.<o:p></o:p>

Lamps in the garage I have done the same , it is the Ford Model A, and Rauch & Lang tires.

If someone from American Electro mobile Association can contact with me - I will be happy to communicate.

More about process restoring Facebook - Rauch & Lang 1918

post-88175-143142515711_thumb.jpg

August

This topic is over 4 years old, by the way.

The original poster has made only 3 posts ever,

and it's likely that he'll never see your response in 2014.

You could try sending a Private Message.

It's too bad he didn't leave contact information in

his original ad!

Hi, It took me a day but I found it!! I am so happy to see the car restored. I hope you received all of the original papers with the car.

Fantastic restoration!! Where are you located?

Brian

Here is some additional information regarding the probable original owners of the Rauch & Lang - the Sharpe family. I grew up in the neighborhood where the Sharpe’s lived – McIntire Terrace in Zanesville, Ohio. (We lived in the house where the writer, Zane Grey was born, around the corner from the Sharpe home.) Leila Cassell Ingalls was the daughter of a banker in Zanesville, Ohio, Mr. John J. Ingalls, and she naturally married a banker, Mr. Harvey Alfred Sharpe. Harvey was involved in many community endeavors and philanthropy. They had one child, Jay Ingalls Sharpe, born in 1893. Jay did not need to work, but briefly dabbled in selling automobiles. In the mid-teens, until sometime in the early to mid twenties, he owned a company which sold Hudson, Essex, and Dodge Brothers automobiles. It is probable that he arranged the purchase of the Rauch & Lang for the family. Harvey died in 1928, and Leila in 1945, at age 79. Jay died in 1946 at the age of 53, leaving no descendants – only an aunt – Agnes (Aggie) Ingalls. The brick house (and the garage where the R&L probably was kept) still stand at 1022 Findley Avenue in Zanesville; there is a photo on Google Maps.

Roger