Woody Only Car Dealer Status?

Guest BJM

For many years I saw a Woody dealer in Hemmings Motor News. I may be missing it but have not seen their advertisements recently. Does any one know if they are out of business either through retirement or market conditions? Does anybody else remember seeing that dealer which specialized in Woodies only?

Hey all,

I am 99% sure it was this Green Valentine you mentioned - that was the woody dealer I was thinking of. Because I kind of remember it being in the mid south as you all mention - the business was located in TN.

Well I have no stake in this, but was just curious when a long time advertiser suddenly disappears. It happens for retirement reasons too.

There was a long time Hemmings advertiser with I believe a good reputation and he always treated me well in conversations and correspondence - from my state of Iowa.

He was up by Dubuque and was a Dr. who always had a multi-makes for sale ad in Hemmings.

I think it was a Dr. L...

I must be getting old as I forgot his name. Anyway, he retired and I think he was in poor health but had some interesting cars.

I remember the Woody dealer had outrageous prices but they were Woody's after all and it's a shame - a fellow like that ought to have had a lot of knowledge to share and would have been good for the Woody end of things.

Green Valentine advertised for years in Hemmings, which has a pretty good reputation to uphold and will boot advertisers with complaints.

Woodies USA is a co. I have heard of but it was this Green Valentine I was curious about. Thanks again.

Edited by BJM (see edit history)

Green Valentine was located in Memphis Tn. I actually visited his storefront once. He also would have a pretty large presence in the car corral at Hershey in the early '90's. I tried to search and find some of the court proceedings against him, to link, but couldn't find them. Most of his "inventory" was on consignment. Like most of those situations I'm sure some got their money and I suspect his undoing were the ones who didn't.

Bob