1914 Anti Theft Devices??

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could give me some information on vintage (1914)Anti Theft Devices (auto) I have all the information on these items but no one can<BR>give me a money amount,,,they don't even care to try !!If you have some Info please E-mail me and I can give you any further details you may require.<P> thank you

• 2 weeks later...

The most likely reasons that you have not had a response are:<BR>1. Your post lacks any specific info about the type of devices you are interested in. Can you give us some examples?<BR>2. Your post is not clear on what information you want. Are you asking for an appraisal for value? Are you asking for technical information? Are you interested in a specific device(s)?<BR>3. The users of this forum prefer to keep as much discussion as possible on the forum rather that by separate email. This helps educate us all.<BR>Hopefully, you will be able to fill in some details.

My 1913 Cadillac came from the factory with a very efficient anti theft device. There are holes in the clutch and brake pedals just above the floorboards. 2 HOLES! Put a padlock in each and both clutch and brake pedals are rendered inoperable. cool.gif" border="0<BR>Like ANY anti theft device, it can be overridden but it will slow down the casual car thief. <P>As an alternative to the Colt, I suggest the Smith & Wesson .357. grin.gif" border="0<p>[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: hvs ]

Seems that era's Model T (or any other hand crank started car) would be difficult to casually steal, especially if the thief wasn't familiar with the car and received a broken arm for his trouble. tongue.gif" border="0

• 12 years later...
Guest Jaybarb

Bill

I found a similar device at a garage sale. it is of cast iron with Green Lock Co. Detroit on one side and Stop Thief Car Lock embossed on the other side.

if you could give me any other information, I would appreciate it. I don't know if it make or model specific.

My e-mail is akjackmize@gmail.com I tried your e-mail but it did not go through, Thanks for your time, Jack

A 1909 manual for lady drivers recommended keeping a revolver in the glove compartment, along with spare hankies, powder puffs, and chocolates.

I have seen an editorial from the early days of the auto, in which the editor said that if everybody drove cars it would do away with horse thieves and drunken riders.