Chickasha, Oklahoma Meet?

Guest dcline

Had an individual mention that there is an antique/classic Buick show and swap meet in Chickasha, OK that is similar to Hershey's meet but I never got any of the details. Anybody know anything more? Thanks!

Edited by dcline (see edit history)

The Chickasha meet held at the fairgrounds in March is a pre-war meet but it is heavy on brass era and lots of T parts. No car show. It is a good meet for brass & nickel parts. It is not near the size of Hershey. You could put the whole swap field including the 2 large indoor swap buildings in the Hershey red field and still have room for spectator parking and most of the town of Chickasha. You can go through it in less than 1 day, but it is growing.

I believe that there are other car events held at the Chickasha fair grounds throughout the year but I have only attended the March swap meet.

That was an exageration on my part. Chickasha has several stop lights and several hotels that are all booked up for the march swap meet. Some people have to stay in Oklahoma City.

Glad you cleared that up! :)

Oklahoma City does have plenty of motels. We have a daughter there that won't come home. Something about a career student!???? :rolleyes:

Can you hear that sucking noise?????:confused::D

Wayne

• 2 weeks later...

I have been going to Chickasha for about 20 years and it has grown quite a bit in that time. My experience is that it is roll of the dice on the parts & cars that will be there. Some years it is only Ford stuff and other years there are other parts available. The meet is for prewar stuff only and it is advertised as such. From my experience, I target Thursday to do the meet. Most everyone is there. I plan on being there in March. Here is a link to the meet.

Chickasha* Pre-War Swap Meet

• 3 months later...
Guest 25baker&Ts

i plan on hauling my 1925 very original studebaker to chickasha next week for the flea market in hopes to sell it there. this car is a great driver and very rare car in nice unmolested condition. i plan to sell it for around 15,000$$ i sure hope to find someone interested in this wonderful car. she is truley a nice prserved piece of history and deserves to be kept by somebody that will love her.

post-66114-143138183362_thumb.jpg

post-66114-143138183365_thumb.jpg

post-66114-143138183368_thumb.jpg

post-66114-14313818337_thumb.jpg

I have gone to the Chickasha Prewar Swap the last two years and plan to go this year. It is strictly limited to pre 1945 and most of what's there is much older than 1945 including a lot of brass era. Get there early on thursday, a lot of vendors are gone by friday afternoon. Usually some interesting cars for sale, last year there was a 1914? Cadillac touring and a 1920s Velie sedan. I have found items for both of my cars as well as some good collectible stuff reasonably priced and usually negotiable.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sgreen13

My Dad made many a trip to Chickasha from Iowa. He always said good buying and selling. My Dad used to travel with a gentleman from Sioux Falls to the swap meet. A year or two after his death, my Mom made the trek to sell some of the last of the "rust."

Wow how I'm going to miss that part of my life when Mom moves off the farm and sells the last of the antique cars.