1931 sedan

I dont know what your plans are with that stuff but I have asked several times about parts you might or might not want to sell and have never got a response from you. I have e-mailed you and sent persoanl messages through this board. I can only assume at this point you got them and for whatever reason chose to ignore them but just in case I am wrong I will ask again since you brought it up. I need some parts Bob can you help?

When I get a little freaked out by the work in my undertaking I come to this site and see what others are doing; I read Chilton't Auto Restoration Guide, Skinned Knuckles, an old owners manual and other books / periodicals; sometimes people at swap meets have advice too and all the info gets me going.....little by little I hope to have a fine car. Don't get discouraged; I have seen other people do a lot with far less. You must have seen something in this car to acquire it; just start somewhere!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nearchoclatetown</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bob Scafani</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where does one start with this? I don't know what I was thinking. </div></div>Bob, in PA. that would be advertised as " near mint".</div></div>

In Michigan they would say the same thing.

I may be wrong but I dont think Bob restores the cars, I think he buys them and tries a find new homes for them and sometimes just parts them out. I think I have seen his stuff on e-bay and he is all over the place, meaning a variety of stuff from different years. ( if I remember correctly ) That is why I have tried myself to inquire about parts for my own car.So anyway he can correct me if I am wrong but I wouldnt feel to bad.

Actually I had to take it with the 1931 CM6 as a package. I needed parts to complete the sedan that I placed on the forum. I am using the chassis for the CM6 roadster that I bought that was mentioned here on the forum (not the restored one). I don't buy anything with the intention of reselling it. I do have extra stuff from buying parts cars for my projects, that I sell off regularly. I recently sold some Dodge Four cylinder parts that I have had for over 25 years.

Jason, I can only say that the part you are looking for (full rear bumper for 1929 Dodge) is the single most difficult part to find for that year. Few dual sidemount cars were made. Believe me since you wrote that you "dont(sic) care the cost or condition" I have been looking.

I do appologize for being lax on returning emails. I get about 50 emails everyday. I just can't keep up.

post-31312-143138086202_thumb.jpg

Thats ok, thanks for letting me know anyway, I was thinking that one of those truck bumpers you had might be real close to the right length, I noticed in one of your posts that it looked like you had 3-4 trucks, again that is why I am assuming you only buy to sell. I dont need the bar that bolts to the car itself , I just need a set of face bars that are close to the right length. I can give you measurements if you want to take a look.

Guest imouttahere

Bob, you are my idol. I want to be just like you. I want to have as many old DBs and DB parts as you have.

Well, that's not really true. Actually, I am very jealous of you.

All right, since I'm telling you how I really feel: Bob, you are so damned lucky to have so much DB stuff that it makes me sick!

There. I feel better now.

P.S.: Thanks again for all the help you have given me.

P.P.S.: You restored your DB Army staff car, didn't you? It looked like a labor of love.