New Buick Weight Loss Program

special55

Well guys the drive train found it's way home.

Here are a few pics.

I might actually get to do some body work this winter.

I still have a bunch of odds and ends to button up before we fire her but I hope to give it a go around Thanksgiving. I'll let you know how it goes.

Rich

post-34198-143138131607_thumb.jpg

post-34198-14313813161_thumb.jpg

post-34198-143138131614_thumb.jpg

post-34198-143138131618_thumb.jpg

I have a question about the gold cad backing plates. Mine are in very good condution and they appear to be silver cad. I hit them lightly with glass beads and there is no gold at all. Is this because they faded away. I have a guy in town that can re-plate these for about $100.00 for all four. Thanks, Ken

Hey Ken,

I had two cars that I used to create one good one. Both cars had traces of gold cad on the backing plates. One set actually wasn't that bad but I wanted it to look new since everything else is being redone.

If you have a guy willing to do a small batch for you I would work with him to see if you can add additional stuff at little or no charge. Most the time they have a minimum for small jobs but once they have you set up it really doesn't cost much to do a little or a lot.

Rich

Guest century55

rich, i will say that smile on your face will go away real fast as you go along with your ride . lol !! i just got my smile back because mine is 99% done now !! i'm =century 55 . my car is in here too. done mine fram up too. you can look at what you get for all your work. hope mine apeals to you too.i'm in flint not that far from you . hope you have fun like i did.???or not.....

Hey Century,

Congrats on your car. It looks great and that color combo is sharp. We'll have to get together next spring so I can see it in person.

Dandy,

Not too many beers so far. My dad has been helping me every step of the way and he isn't a drinker. I know I'll regret saying this later but there hasn't been too much that frustrated me to the point of needing a stiff drink.

It's still early in the process though ;)

Rich

Dandy,

Not too many beers so far. My dad has been helping me every step of the way and he isn't a drinker. I know I'll regret saying this later but there hasn't been too much that frustrated me to the point of needing a stiff drink.

It's still early in the process though ;)

Rich

LOL...So, not even a case. Tis possible, tis possible. :) Look at all the money you saved for that special accessory when it pops up.:cool:.. But let me not speak too soon. :eek: Wait until you get to the wiring. :P Dandy Dave!

• 8 months later...

Hi Everyone,

Missed you all and missed working on the car.

BUT I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to take a few months off to take care of the family. Long story short;

Wife with broken leg+4 year old son+60 hour work weeks = 0 time for car and unfortunately the forum. But the wife is now mobile again and work is settling down so life is getting back to normal.

Whatever normal might be ;)

I spent my first day in the garage this past weekend and was able to get the body on the rotisserie and the fenders and wheels out to the blaster's. Got the parts back today and worked on them a bit with the hammer and dolly. Welded the holes from the mirror that was mounted at one time that I will not be using.

I'll get some pics up in the next couple days.

For anyone who might have been looking for me I sincerely apologize for being absent so long. But family comes first even before the Buick. I plan on being around to bug you all on a much more regular basis again.

Rich