Photos of DAVES89's Reattas

Ronnie

Ronnie,

It is a very nice car for the money I spent. I think I will be very pleased with it.

Thanks Snowdrift!

That wheel is in excellant shape, exactly as I found it, with one exception. I had to pry the Buick logo off a Park Avenue. It fits perfect in the centerpiece of the wheel. The Chevy logo pops out and the Buick logo goes in and is held in place by double sided tape.

It is nice if you want to put the Garmin GPS on the dash. The spokes don't interfere with using the GPS.

I could look for more...

Guest daveagain909

what car is the steering wheel from? and can it be put on a 90 reatta, (air bag)

Thanks for the compliments.

What I like about the Buick Trishield is that it has a gray background and matches the gray interior of the Reatta.

The wheel is off a Chevy Lumina Eurosport. It will work on all Reattas. For the '90/91s you will forfeit the air bag and have to put in a resistor.

Guest dpannell

Dave, Thanks for the pics....Nice! Really really nice looking cars both of them! I hope to see em in person durng the EAA. Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone notice that the side marker is out on the red one? It works when I use the directional. </div></div>

I think you've just got a burned out lamp there. The lamp that's out doesn't have anything to do with turn signaling. The is a separate cornering lamp that resides in that area that comes on when the turn signal is active.

Guest Greg Ross

Dave,

Where are you mounting the Garmin, on the flat cover panel below the Instrument Cluster. I find mounted on the windshield/ under the rearview it tends to obscure the drivers' view.

Assumed the aluminum might distort from applying the Garmin suction cup mount? I just got my Garmin, a Nuvi 250w and it's a beautiful little instrument. The one on the boat is a bunch bigger, about 8" diagonal screen but you need alot more chart in view on the Water!

Padgett,

Did you manage to find yourself one of those 3800 powered motor homes?

Guest dpannell

Dave, A pic of the other 2/3 of my "herd"....Not nearly as pristine as your two....but I'm proud anyhow. I'm considering a repaint of the convertible ( Polo Green w/ 91' wheels (grin) ) as soon as I'm done with the Allante.

Notice the tri-shield on the coupe? My bodyman did it as a joke and I liked it and left it.

Dave

post-50868-143138072787_thumb.jpg

Greg,

It mounts perfectly on the IPC trim panel just below the warning lights.

With the new [to me] Lumina steering wheel there is no obstruction. I also mounted a auxillary power outlet just under the dash panel next to the CRT padded dash panel. My leg does not hit it and everything is tucked away neatly...

Guest THEHKP7M13

Nice job on the wheel transplants to both of you. That steering wheel in the 90-91 is terrible. These are both interesting options, with the proper resistor.

It is a body emblem that is easily pried off a Buick Park Avenue. They are held in place with double stick tape.

I cleaned the old tape off and remounted it to my steering wheel [and hubs of my chrome wheels as seen on the red Reatta] using fresh double sided tape.

Guest spyhunter2k

Something that those who are considering the Chevy Lumina Eurosport wheel transplant may want to consider is that the outside surface is not leather as it appears. It is a dense foam rubber that has the shape of stitching molded in. At least, the wheel that I found in a local yard was like this. Maybe Dave could confirm whether or not it's actual leather vs. rubber.

This may make a difference to some.

I believe you are right. I looked at that wheel real close and it is molded rubber. But the stitches on the hub look so real I never paid attention. That probably explains why these wheels are in such good shape compared to leather after 20 years.

I still like it and am keeping it.

Got the A/C charged today. My mechanic friend who took it to his shop said it was a very good running car. He checked it over and said everything looked good including the cradle bolts.

Only thing left is rack/pinion/tie rods and alignment. That is for Tuesday...

I replaced w/ an unemployed friend today my rack and pinion on the black/gray. It was a nightmare. Took 6 hours. Fittings were hard to R&R, brackets didn't line up... not for the faint of heart.

However job is done and the alignment is scheduled for Thurs.

This will conclude work needed.

I store the red/tan this weekend and drive the black/tan to be sure no bugs or surprises are left.

All my mechanic buddies are impressed with how the car runs...

I am too

Guest THEHKP7M13

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DAVES89</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I replaced w/ an unemployed friend today my rack and pinion on the black/gray. It was a nightmare. Took 6 hours. Fittings were hard to R&R, brackets didn't line up... not for the faint of heart.</div></div>

They are a bear on about any car.

If you are planning on keepign your car for the long term and have a Firestone near you, may I recommend their LIFETIME ALIGNMENT. It will be the last alignment you will ever pay for on that Reatta.

All of a sudden on the black/tan the fuel economy suffered. I kept going into diagnostics but I would only get a quick E044 code that would go to history. I would clear it only to have it happen again and again. Looked in the shop manual and didn't trust the book and bought another oxygen sensor.

No fix.

Called my good friend Manikmakanik and asked if he could help me figure out the problem. We made arrangements to meet today.

Turned out to be 2 ground issues, One ground wire not connected and the other one had been cut and reconnected, but not properly causing a intermittent ground. Reconnected both and no more codes and the gas mileage is back to where it should be...

Also while I was looking at all of Maniks parts cars I spied a very nice gray dash. 2 1/2 hours later dash installed.

Thanks Manik!

• 6 years later...