Cupholders?

skizzy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: padgett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For an 88-89, a "Euro Junior" (from WalMart) velcros nicely on the ash tray - might need to add a power receptical though. 90-91 the answer seems to be a 91 armrest lid. </div></div>

when i replaced my radio module,it was rusted on the top.i think that was from years of my dad sitting a cup there and it sweating.thats probably why my window switches are marginal,too.

Guest CL_Reatta

I dont have any pics, but I have a piece of wood I cut to fit inside the ashtray then a cupholder I got from wal-mart or something, 4 for $1, and screwed it onto that piece of wood... been working for 2.5 years now

I made a set using JWC's pattern. Lasted a week. My wife likes to have her purse on the floor between her feet. When she gets out of the car and doen't take her purse,kicked it once and cracked it, kicked it again and broke it.

Now I use 2 marine cup holders that fold up flat. I screwed them into the console on the passenger side. Works great.

Unless you are talking the 1991 style, anything that requires leaving the arm rest folded back is not a good idea because the whole assembly is cantilevered and acting like a pry bar on the hinges. Marginally OK when stopped but not a good while driving and getting bounced.

• 5 months later...
No, I was talking about the guy who installed a toyota spring loaded cup holder in the armrest. The cupholder would only be of use while the rest is down. The down fallis it required a cut and sew job, but was a truly storable cupholder that is out of the way and would not look bad.

Sounds nice Daniel. Did you ever get around to doing it? Have any pics?

Guest Sandy88

I bought a piece of plastic (in the cupholder department) that is two holders with a keel of stiff plastic designed to wedge between seats - this one wedges between the passenger seat and the console, doesn't move and doesn't interfere with any of the console functions - it does not interfere with the passenger seat either. It works works pretty good and was the cheapest thing on the rack (maybe $6)