1956 Imperial Southampton 4-dr

Frame-off restoration. Six months in.

Drive train is virtually complete, body is almost done (finishing the doors right now), then we refit everything (fenders, deck lid, hood, doors, etc.), tweak where necessary. And then partially disassemble. Then paint. And upholstery. And trim (chrome and stainless work are supposed to be ready in a couple of weeks).

Getting close!!

I'd attach photos if I could figure our how to do it.

Wish me luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jyinger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no Idea where that family photo came from. I would like to remove it and include instead a photo of the drive train, but I have no idea how to do that.

Suggestions? </div></div>

You can go back into your file manager and delete what's there. I did it for you, but I may have deleted two photos rather than one. Sorry if I did.

Your work looks beautiful.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Very attractive car, great colors inside and out and with lots of chrome too. It would for sure be a time machine experience driving it. Simple math says that the restoration was about two and a half years, which considering the amount of work based on the initial picture was pretty quick. Great looking car, congratulations. Scott...

(Oh, and yes I'm sure we all here would be interested in seeing more of the restoration photos if you could post them.)

• 2 weeks later...