They try to hide 'em from me...

keiser31

Gary...#1...I grew up near Detroit and hung out a lot at the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. #2...my dad got me into old cars when he bought my 1931 Dodge coupe in 1959. #3...I taught myself how to spot cars in the rear view mirror, behind the fence, under a tarp and still figure out what make they are (usually). Maybe I just have the knack because I love low production cars such as the two V-16 Cadillac limo and roadster above.

It was bout 13 years ago that I took the picture and the price at that time was 15,000. The car needed a full restoration which would include major engine rebuild, correct rumble seat and hardware, rust out in the lower body, and a piece of sheet metal was welding over the roof to cover what originally the fabric top. Someone at one time got crazy with adding accessories to the dash which included drilling lots of holes that would now need to be patched. This is just a few of the things that I remember about the car. Here are a couple more pictures.

post-30688-143138036465_thumb.jpg

post-30688-143138036467_thumb.jpg

Yes, it is an open cab ladder rig if I recall. I am not into fire trucks and did not take any pictures of it directly. I have attached a couple more pictures where you can see some of the fire truck in the background. The car that is to the left of the Studebaker coupe is a 50’s T-bird convertible. I was only interested in the Studebaker and did not take any close up pictures of the T-bird.

post-30688-143138036471_thumb.jpg

post-30688-143138036474_thumb.jpg

post-30688-143138036476_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest windjamer

O M G !!!!! Im looking for bigger letters. I am involved with restoration of a 58 Vette. Mon. I took the frame to a frend I know to have it sandblasted. I have taken work to him for over ten years,but never looked his bildg. over. I instruct a firearms class with his father, thats how I met him. Today I went to retrive the frame and wondered why he had such a large bldg. It must be about a hundred ft. long maby forty ft. wide. He cleans and paints HD> road equip.I needed to use the bath and was sent through a door in the wall to the back of the bldg. OMG!!!! I wish I was smart enough to post a pic. In the back 60 ft. I found at least 25 maby 30 OLD coupes!!! Stacked LIKE CORD WOOD. A 32 Ply. I knew right off, one sed. I think might have been a 33 ford,there was a 29-30 something on the floor should be done this summer. Grills and rad. shells covered the walls. I would be willing to take some pics. and snale mail them to some one with his permission. I did not ask a single question, just stood there dumb struck in shock with my mouth wide open. First time in my life I think, unable to make intellagent sound.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest windjamer

Keiser as promised I went back with a camera. I am sending you a couple of pics. The two dr sedan on the top is a 32, I thought it was a 33. I also got a welcome to bring the club I belong to for a tour.

• 4 weeks later...

Keiser 31

What an eye. The only thing I taught myself how to look for in my rear view mirror was the lat 60's early 70 Plymouth Fury's that the Delaware State Troopers used to drive. They were sneeky and drove many unmarked cars. I always trained myself to look for the front light configuration and front end in my rear view mirror.

The problem with the 13 Caddy is it didn't have the rear half of the body. I bought it with high hopes of finding a body. I posted many wanted ads, but all I got were scams.

Finally I sold it to a gent in the UK who will be making a race car out of it. It is funny that a bunch of old cars sit right in the middle of Minneapolis.

I wish I had know what you needed. There is a guy here who I mentioned earlier that has bodies and makes bodies for these early cars. Here is an example or two.

post-37352-143138054845_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138054847_thumb.jpg