Ebay Packard described correctly?

Guest Packardsforever

Guest Packardsforever

Is this 37 Packard 120 conv. also referred to as a roadster? I've never heard that term for this model but I sure do like the car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___1937-Packard-Convertible-Coupe-Rumble-Seat-Roadster_W0QQitemZ150317181740QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item150317181740&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A7%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Obviously my link isn't live, I copied and pasted so I'm not sure what the problem is. But if you copy and paste it in your browser it should work.

Guest Packardsforever

That is the 2nd pre-war Packard to be on Ebay from the Nashville area within 2 weeks. And they have both been extremely nice ones at that!

Guest Packardsforever

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: West Peterson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark Lambert is one of the good guys. The cars that he works on, work right. </div></div>

Is that who is selling this one on Ebay? Who is Mark Lambert?

The last true roadster from Packard was 1931. In 1932 Packard added roll up windows but continue to call the body style a coupe roadster. Maybe it is incorrect technically, but seems like everrytime I see a two door two seat convertible from Packard, it is described as a coupe roadster. no harm, no foul laugh.gif

<span style="font-style: italic">The last true roadster from Packard was 1931. In 1932 Packard added roll up windows</span>.

Actually, though a very limited volume car, the 1934 LeBaron speedster was also a true roadster, no roll-up windows. I believe the last true roadster from the big-3 was a 1949 or 1950 Dodge.

Guest bkazmer

Do you count the original generation Viper? The roof did not fully retract, but there were no side windows (and no outside door buttons)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Owen_Dyneto</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-style: italic">The last true roadster from Packard was 1931. In 1932 Packard added roll up windows</span>.

Actually, though a very limited volume car, the 1934 LeBaron speedster was also a true roadster, no roll-up windows. I believe the last true roadster from the big-3 was a 1949 or 1950 Dodge.

</div></div>

I meant that I could afford laugh.gif Good catch.

Guest Packardsforever

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Packard32</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Packardsforever, to answer your question about what it will go for, if it's like the majority of Packards on ebay, it won't go at all, because it won't meet the reserve price. Few ever do. ...B </div></div>

It does seem many set the reserve too high. But this is the 2nd really nice pre-war Packard from Nashville in two weeks and the last did meet the reserve and sold.

Guest Packardsforever

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Packard32</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember the 1935 V-12 club sedan, it brought $75,000. Very unusual for a Packard to meet reserve, but, these odd things do happen....B </div></div>

Yes thats the one, I thought that was a fair price for that particular Packard, probably worth more than that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you count the original generation Viper? The roof did not fully retract, but there were no side windows (and no outside door buttons) </div></div>

Gee, since we're not just talking about Packards anymore - let's include Cobras and Ferraris. (just kiddin')

EB01d998.jpg

<span style="color: #000099">8x10 black and white Packard Co. file photograph of a 1937 Packard three-quarter left front view, top folded, female behind wheel and female standing at driver's door, parked by tropical foliage. Inscribed on photo back: Packard one twenty, fifteenth series, model 120-C, 8-cylinder, 120-horsepower, 120-inch wheelbase, 2/4-person convertible coupe (body type #1099), note trunk rack, 1936 California license plate #2W208, Earle C. Anthony, Inc. license plate frames, Packard deluxe emblem, fender wells, 6-wheels, vogue wide white sidewall tires, wheel trim rings, painting of wells, belt molding, absent door ventilator window. </span>

The above photo and official description is from The Making of Modern Michigan: Digital Collections that house many Packard company photos. Nowhere is this car referred to as a coupe roadster, and my trusted Red Book also lists it as a Convertible Coupe, 2-4P.

I know West will appreciate the wide whites. shocked.gif

TG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1935Packard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the bidding ended at $73,781.56 -- nice call, Tbirdman.

</div></div>

I think it underpaid by $143.13 laugh.gif Seriously , I'm not sure what prices will do in this economy, but it looked like a deal pretty much on the money.