Park Ave for sale, up date

Guest norb

Yesterday I cleaned the snow off of it for the 4th time & today its all back.I read that that this Feb. was the most snow for this month ever.The only problem is that Roberta cant promise it will be gone by July so bring your snow scrapers.

post-35886-143137970682_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: norb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yesterday I cleaned the snow off of it for the 4th time & today its all back.I read that that this Feb. was the most snow for this month ever.The only problem is that Roberta cant promise it will be gone by July so bring your snow scrapers. </div></div>

Norb, maybe you have a new idea there, we can give away commerative snow scrapers for 2008!

Guest Reatta1

Is that the base model, and what year is it, how much? Is it REALLY for sale or are you just trying to get rid of the snow?

I always cringe when I see people using the scraper end of their snow brush on the hood, trunk and roof top.

Maybe someone will make an ice scraper without the blade for people like that?

JD

Speaking of snow....I know this may look a bit silly to those of you up north, but it is a very rare sight in this part of Texas. We had 6 inches of snow today. My 64 Wildcat enjoyed it. My 61 Electra was safe and warm in the garage.

post-31046-143137971651_thumb.jpg

post-31046-143137971669_thumb.jpg

Roy,

Being that this is the Buffalo area, I have a little experience with snow. The snowfall that you had looks to be the very light and fluffy type of snow. Even if it is of the heavier kind the pictures are great.

Again, Great Pictures!!!

Enjoy it!!!

Stevo

Gee Mr. Serb sir, Since when does light and fluffy snow stick in the trees like that??? confused.gif

Bein a north-ner, I's had plenty of x-speriance meself with that there subject -n- I say it is wet snow.

Light and fluffy ver-eye-tys just blow out of the trees wit the slightest of breeze wink.gif

That there is gen-u-ine snowman makin snow. laugh.gif

I hear tell in Texas it's 70 one day and 20 the next and by afternoon it is 50 again.

It is also the only state in the union that you can be up to your butt in mud and still have sand blown in your eye! laugh.gif

Of couse maybe all you Buffloians bein so close to that big fishin hole maybe only get two kinds of snow. Wet and fluffy -N- Hard as a rock ice. Poor fellers that ya are stuck there with that Canadian wind blowin on ya all winter. My heart goes out to ya. grin.gif

Keep on shovelin...LOLOL...Dandy Dave! laugh.gif

Dave my great friend and colleague, I hedged my bet with the second part of the statement. It was meant to draw some remarks and it surely did.

By the way, we are in the midst of what the weathermen call a storm which is to change into a blizzard tomorrow; it my opinion it is just snow. I went to work today with a heavy denim shirt that was not even buttoned. There were guys walking into the building wearing shorts.

Anyway, it is great snowman making snow, come on out and we can discuss it all while looking at my fleet of one Buick which is in the garage without so much as a car cover.

Catch you later,

Stevo

The Brother, Chris in North Tonawanda said the snow there started a couple hours sooner than expected, then our Mom, in Southern Tier of NY, in Owego, said it was 50 Degrees, today, Global warming? Chris says they expect 12 inches by Sunday, this would be the first big storm in the Buffalo, NY area, since sometime in December, where as in Mid-Michigan we have had over 72 inches, fortunately, not all at the same time or event! But most of it landed on Norb's Park Avenue, I think!

It has been a remarkably mild winter in these parts from North Tonawanda to Hamburg to Lockport to Niagara Falls and everywhere else in Western New York. It has been a crazy winter with a lot of wind, ice, sleet and a below normal amount of snow. Buffalo has had 77.1" to date, our normal winter will give us about 120" or so. Winter is getting pretty much to the end but we can't count it out entirely just yet.

Maybe I will have to get out tomorrow during the "blizzard", open the garage door and snap a picture of the Riviera just itching to get out into the sunshine with the top down.

Stevo

Dave,

Just got in from moving a whole bunch of snow around, you should have come by with one of your tractors. By the way, check out the trees, light fluffy snow sticking to them.

Twelve inches of snow on the flat with 2-3 foot drifts.

Stevo

post-38844-143137971823_thumb.jpg

post-38844-143137971833_thumb.jpg

post-38844-143137971842_thumb.jpg

Stevo, Here's a picture of my Buick snow shovel.

What ya say??? That's not a BUICK??? shocked.gif Well.... it's a BUICK wanna-be! smile.gif

You should see the looks I get from passerbys when I shovel out my Mail Box. Two or three easy scoops all done from the heated cab and comfy ride seat. Get-r-done! smile.gif

100_1259127.jpg

If this thing ever quits, I'm movin south! grin.gif Dandy Dave!

Dandy Dave,

This is a picture of my snow fighting equipment. Where were you this morning when I had to deal with the other 12 inches of snow that fell overnight? Now we have about 24 inches on the ground. Mother nature is trying to make up for lost time.

Stevo

post-38844-143137972204_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TxBuicks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I don't know how you folks up north do it. </div></div>

We're a tougher breed wink.gifgrin.gif

Stevo, I think the most important question here is this:

<span style="font-size: 17pt"> </span> <span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'"><span style="color: #FF0000">Where you gonna put the "new" car?</span></span>

Meanwhile these pics remind me of that Crosby Stills and Nash song that goes whistle.gif "With two cats in the garage, life used to be so hard , now everything is easy cause of you..."

cool.gif

Guess who's Eldorado is going to get moved out of the garage when the '46 takes over. The only problem is that I am going to have to find winter quarters for it next year because the Eldo has to go back in for the winter. I have already been notified of that rule upon buying the '46. Mine sits out 12 months a year, I do not know why Lana's has to be any different, but that is the way it is!!

Oh, the official measurement for the last two days is 25.5 inches in Lockport. We got the most of all the surrounding areas.

Stevo

I do belive a mighty wind blew from Berta's neigborhood and sent it clear across that big pond and just made it land in your yard Stevo! wink.gif

Ain't none here at all. Got plenty of rain over the weekend though. I'll have to remember to take my camera with me next big one we get so I can take pictures of my snow shovel in action. I've moved 4 and 5 foot drifts with it only using one hand and one foot! laugh.gif

Dandy Dave! grin.gif

Bill,

No, the Erie Canal is shut down for the winter. They have a couple of gates upstream that they close which causes a large portion of the canal to drain almost dry. The off season is used for maintenance etc. Even if they did not do this, any movement on the canal would be impossible since everything would be frozen.

A couple of pictures from 2006 when our chapter took a cruise on the canal. One lonely Olds mixed in with our Buicks. A picture of the boat entering the locks at Lockport. A view of the parking lot from the boat.

Stevo

post-38844-143137972364_thumb.jpg

post-38844-143137972374_thumb.jpg

post-38844-143137972383_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: serb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is what it looks like today.

Stevo </div></div>

Jikes you guys still having snow? Been a mild winter here with no snow, very happy for that one although the kids love it.. It's actually warm enough to work outdoors now...

Cheers Dyna....