1938 Buick Century Wooooo, Woooo, Wooo......

Dandy Dave

Guest ZondaC12

WOW. Awesome. Where can I get one LOL just kiddin, as a PBK (Poor Buick Kid) not gonna happen anytime soon!! laugh.gif

Looks good as a woodie though, too bad Buick wasn't doin that yet!

I think I've seen that car at one of the National meets and/or in the Bugle. Beautiful work--it's pretty hard to have a bad-looking '38 Buick, no matter what body is attached to it. I think you could make a '38 into a tow truck and it would be attractive.

I wonder if it is actually a factory prototype? That front door/window area looks too small and triangular to have been built by the factory. Or maybe it's just the added roof height that gives the illusion that the window is the wrong shape/size. Hard to say.

Perhaps this is an exceptionally high quality home-built '38 woody? If so, as a professional carpenter myself, color me impressed.

Either way, I'd love to have it in my garage, too!

Guest imported_Thriller

Looks like it sold at Barrett-Jackson's Palm Beach show this year - BJ's search page - if you plug in 1938 Buick this will be the only one with photos to turn up...$97k...Zondac12, start saving up grin.gif

The early woody featured in the Bugle earlier this year is from Queensland Australia. It's the 6th car in the film strip when you open the attached page of the Queensland Club site.

http://www.buickcarclubaustralia.com/buick/external/photo-page.html

It's a 1937 model and very nicely built, has the lower roof line similar to the original 1940 models.

I saw this car at the Australian Nationals last year, great looking vehicle and a good way to get another Buick back on the road if you don't have a complete sedan body ( and you're a good carpenter ).

If you want to see the car in the flesh drop down to the Aussie Nationals to be held in Queensland next September, just a short hop across the Pacific for you blokes!!!

Bow down to the Great Iron Buda...... And wood in this case! grin.gif

That's it Thriller! I had no idea? shocked.gif

I guess I should have been on my hands and knees to be in the presents of this almighty and gracious one.

Dave! smile.gif