Glovebox Timecapsules

If you would like the contents of your vintage glovebox as correct as your auto, I collect and supply Glovebox timecapsules. All the items one might find in the glovebox in the year it was made. $11.00 ppd. in the U.S.! This is just a hobby and each is different and unique. I can usually supply any year from the late 1920's to the 1970's. I can try custom timecapsules too.

Guest imported_buggboy

Now that's neat and interesting. What kinda stuff is in an "average" person's glovebox? For some reason, mine usually seem to contain tools....

For the price, I'd be interested. PM or email me?

Interesting concept.

I would be interested in what you would find in the average glovebox of a 1929 Ford Model A Phaeton....

But then I would need to find where the glovebox is first. grin.gif

I hope this isn't offensive to anyone, but I found an ancient box of condoms under the back seat of a 1933 Franklin I once had. For some demented reason I found it interesting to keep, and still have them somewhere. They have a 1931 copyright date on the box. blush.gif

I haven't any way to post pics since the format change here, but do have a listing on Ebay # 330156514705. I will be sending second chance offers if any one bids, or send me a PM on this site. I don't have any vintage condems but if I did they might end up in one of my Tinecapsules!?

To respond to a few of the posts I've revised my Ebay listing as It was too vague. All my time capsules contain 6 -9 Items from many appropriate items for the car year, and may include: Matchbook, coinage, stamps, brochures, advertisements, maps, post cards, letters, reciepts, business cards, books, miscellanious literature, film, photos, and anything else of this nature that might end up in a glovebox, or doorpocket in the earlier autos like the wippet or Model A. This is how I kill time in inclement winters! I try and do careful research to make your glovebox as accurate as possible. If you would like one send a PM. Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
Guest imported_buggboy

Just got a package today containing a Glovebox Timecapsule for 1966, for my Olds Cutlass/442, and thought I'd give a "review". Two thumbs up! I'm really pretty impressed, it's definitely different and neat. Had a 1966 penny and quarter; a Union/76 map for Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming; a postcard from the Dupuis Seafood Inn in WA; a postal receipt from Oregon dated 1966 (14 cents postage!!); a Heathkit catalog request postcard; matchbook from Bank Club in Ely Nevada; Portland Kennel Club programme; and a new, never used Blue Bell Potato Chip bag.

All items were in nice shape (I think the map had never been opened!)and I'm gonna be getting some more of these for my other cars.

I'll be candid and say that I did gamble on it, but I figured 11 bux was sure cheap enough if it didn't suit. Very much worth the price though, and it's something neat to have. I think I'll see if he can do a custom-type capsule next, since I know where my 56 International was originally bought.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AntarcticDave

I ordered two sets from Mr. Franklin. One for 1963 for my dad's Thunderbird (as a birthday present, besides renewing his AAA) and one for 1947 for my Cadillac. I'm very happy with both!