67 brake booster?

psychostang

I know there are options as far as aftermarket manufacturers, but I want to keep it GM.  This keeps it inexpensive and I can go to any jobber to get parts.  So do you have a recommendation on which year cadillac or firebird to source the M/C from?  Should I get the booster from said vehicle, or will mine be ok.  

If I were you, I'd install the entire system "as designed."  Even going so far as to get the rod that goes from the pedal arm to the booster.  Measue the distance on the pedal arm to the pivot for the rod and mount it so that the geometry is what was designed by the factory.  Besides the booster and master cylinder, get the lines from the master cylinder, the distribution block, and if installed, the residual valve, and the adjustable proportioning valve.  NO mixing, matching, and keeping your fingers crossed.  You'll just need to do some research as to what vehicles weigh the same and have the same front to rear weight distribution when figuring what to look for.  Your 65 is a rear wheel drive so stay away from front wheel drive donor cars.

Thanks steelman, I had seen that before on OPGI.com.  So I decided to do a little more research into that part combo, and with a promo code of "SAVENOW" on jegs.com, I was able to get the 4 wheel disk kit for $270.19.  This includes a booster with brackets, m/c, prop valve and lines from m/c to prop valve.  This is not a bad deal.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, psychostang said:

I haven't heard from anyone though.  How long does it take for them to respond?  Do they send me a id and password, so I can log into ROA member area?

A couple of days.  The office staff is not full time.  If you think ample time has passed, get the office phone number from the website and give them a call.

In the Riview which you will receive, there will be a Username and Password.  These change with every issue of the Riview. Don't have your computer remember this info, it will be outdated too soon.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)