Anyone ever use these tires?

D-a-n-i-e-l

Never heard of these tires but the specs and reviews sound good.  I'd wonder about the 45,000 mile warranty, the complaints re cornering and the tread looks like an aggressive water tire; how much does it rain in El Paso?  You may be giving up handling (cornering, touring) for wet driving capability.

Just something to think about.

A Google search indicates they are made by Sumitomo.....the 6th largest tire company in the world.

Fairly common practice for companies like Walmart to have a tire branded by a major company.........some of the ways they get the price down, Sumitomo probably has $$ in the price of a tire for advertising.

So Walmart says " if it doesn't say Sumitomo on the side why should we pay for advertising"  good point and it usually lowers the price, along with a commitment to by lots of tires.

If Walmart stand behind the warranty, then why should we care who made the tire?

I bought a set of these with the Sumi label last fall for my 2003 Century (literally my father's car).  They have a solid feel on the road,  they handle well enough in snow that my snow tires never got installed, and show no wear at about 5000 miles.  I think they a are very good looking tires, sexy curves.

On 4/14/2018 at 6:56 PM, D-a-n-i-e-l said:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Solar-4XS-205-55R16-91H-Tires/831598874

Reviews are as good as any tire at twice as much.  

I'm no expert but I was told by my mechanic that kind of tread pattern is great for rain but noisy for spring/summer travels.

Edited by Bushwack (see edit history)

• 2 years later...

Never heard about these tires before but the review sound great. 

It is undeniable that these tires are used and become one of the most popular choices. Its all-season performance is highly praised, and they are relatively affordable too. 

Although this tire brand has been receiving positive praise, it is still essential to know whether the manufacturer behind them is indeed reliable since tires are one of the most critical parts of a car. 

Edited by Heizen (see edit history)

They are made by Sumitomo and likely a discontinued pattern from their mainline tires. I have a set of Riken's on mine, a Z rated summer tire, which is owned by Michelin and are also a tread pattern once used on their main tire line. The other factors like noise and date code are certainly factors.

• 3 weeks later...

If anybody is looking for Pirelli's, Walmart.com (web only) has Pirelli P4 Four Season tires at $ 52/each.  Significantly less than anywhere else. It had very good reviews and I had Pirelli's on another car,  I was very happy with tires.  Putting them on my '91