Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SteveT

  1. I am sorry to see the volume down but I think this reflects 2 things. Our core is aging and not as active and second , I see a trend towards younger people discovering our cars. While I am happy to see younger owners bringing life to the Reattas (and also MG's) of which I own 2 the young people lean toward social media first. On an almost weekly basis I share links to ROJ and these forums on social media. It doesnt mean our cars are losing popularity but rather the younger owners use different means to communicate
  2. I share the links to here and roj consistantly on the reatta owners fb page for new members looking for info.
  3. Ron , having run a bbs in the good old days I can guarenree that you will always have 1% total jerks. As part of the other 99% I respect and appreciate what you have brought to the table. I think you have lost a few to the FB page , but I refer people to here , and roj all the time. Keep up the great work.
  4. I will see if any of my friends up in Flint can dig up any info. I know it was not a factory shop that was doing it
  5. at the time they were being built , there was a shop in Flint that was doing conversions to turbo
  6. would love to turbo one and swap to a six speed from a g6 , are these changes programmable into the ecm?
  7. solder and heat shrink are always the best , so those will work in wire to wire applications. When done instead of dialectric grease I use 3M brush on electrical tape
  8. great tips about the seat parts , my son has red interior in his 89 and I know where there Is one in a yard,i . now I just need tan door panels and lots of plastic interior pieces for mine
  9. Best way to save half the cost of restoreing a car is to buy one that is already done.
  10. Sounds like front brake hoses , have run into this more than once on my reattas and mg's
  11. Ran through the test 3 times , 7 pumps each time to turn light back on.
  12. I think that all of you are missing the real truth to this matter. After 45 years as a mechanic I realized that every automotive engineer has a brother in law that designs tool. There , now you all will understand.
  13. https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/3pl-(third-party-logistics) Fastenal does store to store shipping on their fleet. I have never used it but have heard it is one of the most reasonable ways to ship larger parts
  14. if you get more I will take 2 sets
  15. love the lapel pin. Since we got married and I began detailing my wifes baby , a g6 convertible , she totally understands detailing and helps me with both cars.
  16. Speaking of accumulators , the brakes function correctly on my daily driver but quite often the red "brake" light is on at start up and will remain on for a minute or 2 , then it stays off while driving. Where would be my first spot to look.
  17. flasher failure is not uncommon , and typically the right turn signal will be lost first. Not sure why the right side fails first , but with 45 years as a master tech I have seen that happen over and over
  18. great fix for one of the irritations I have not gotten around too. It has been amplified by the change to led headlamps
  19. If you get it i am looking for tan visors , and many plastic interior pieces
  20. I thought I was bad with 4 , altho seriously considering 2 more . a red/tan 89 and a white/red 90 convertible
  21. Road trip from Michigan , to Colorado to see family then up intp Oregon and Washington. First picture is I80 truck stop in Iowa to see the Trucking history museum , second was Jags and Java at Red Nolan Jaguar in Colorado Springs , where they placed me dead center in front of the dealer. On the way to Salt Lake City to visit a couple museums. Fried the alternator on I70 at the Frisco Colorado ramp , so currently at the Bayview Inn for the night. Alternator is off , will replace in the morning. Car is wonderfull on the highway , but is struggling a bit at the 11000 foot passes.
  • Create New...