Getting the color right

Turbinator

3 hours ago, RivNut said:

In the classroom, I always questioned students as to the last time they crossed the "done" line.  Or when they'd respond, "I'm done"  I'd ask them if "I were stick a fork in them would it come out clean."  Total confusion on their part..   

I’m certain the students were confused. I’m a student of English grammar and the study is not for the weak willed individual. I had to go to a prep school for my 13th year of high school to raise my SAT scores. All of our instructors were retired Naval Academy or West Point officers. The retired military instructors did a good job teaching what I needed to know to get my boards up and complete college.

i do not believe our newspaper writers of today took any writing classes.

2 hours ago, Red Riviera Bob said:

I’m certain the students were confused. I’m a student of English grammar and the study is not for the weak willed individual. I had to go to a prep school for my 13th year of high school to raise my SAT scores. All of our instructors were retired Naval Academy or West Point officers. The retired military instructors did a good job teaching what I needed to know to get my boards up and complete college.

i do not believe our newspaper writers of today took any writing classes.

Bob,

Persistence should be your middle name! Hanging in there for 13 years to get through high school is amazing. Most people would have quit after 5 or 6. How did college go? We Riv owners know that persistence is a good quality to have to get through the twists and turns of Riv ownership. Keep up the good work.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Riviera63 said:

Bob,

Persistence should be your middle name! Hanging in there for 13 years to get through high school is amazing. Most people would have quit after 5 or 6. How did college go? We Riv owners know that persistence is a good quality to have to get through the twists and turns of Riv ownership. Keep up the good work.

Bill

Bill, I worked my through college working midnight to 8 in a quality control lab. I’d hustle to school and hang as long as I could. Graduated University of Maryland Baltimore County campus with a BA in Economics. The learning experience at Maryland served me well in my 32 year selling career with Pitney Bowes.

9 hours ago, Red Riviera Bob said:

Bill, I worked my through college working midnight to 8 in a quality control lab. I’d hustle to school and hang as long as I could. Graduated University of Maryland Baltimore County campus with a BA in Economics. The learning experience at Maryland served me well in my 32 year selling career with Pitney Bowes.

UMBC. History making school. First #16 seed to topple a #1 seed.  Congrats, but my bracket was burst along with probably 99.99% of the rest of the public's.   Had to look up UMBC to see what it stood for.  ?

22 hours ago, Riviera63 said:

Bob,

Bill

Bill, every time I see scratch removal products I wonder if you worked out the scratch in your wife’s car. I remember seeing a demo of how pro’s move the paint from either side of the scratch to fill in the ‘’valley” the scratch created.

On 3/26/2018 at 8:16 AM, RivNut said:

UMBC. History making school. First #16 seed to topple a #1 seed.  Congrats, but my bracket was burst along with probably 99.99% of the rest of the public's.   Had to look up UMBC to see what it stood for.  ?

Ed, The Retrievers had a day in the sun with the win over Va. UMBC stands for “ U Made  a Bad Choice or UMust B Crazy. The Retrievers have an internationally recognized winning Chess team.  A number of years ago UMBC was busted for recruiting too many older players for the Chess team. I suppose collegiate Chess teams have recruiting rules to abide by. Go Retrievers!

9 hours ago, Red Riviera Bob said:

Ed, The Retrievers had a day in the sun with the win over Va. UMBC stands for “ U Made  a Bad Choice or UMust B Crazy. The Retrievers have an internationally recognized winning Chess team.  A number of years ago UMBC was busted for recruiting too many older players for the Chess team. I suppose collegiate Chess teams have recruiting rules to abide by. Go Retrievers!

UMBC - U Must Be Cinderella in the basketball world.

On 3/29/2018 at 10:07 AM, 60FlatTop said:

Shouldn't that be come back Retrievers, literally thinking?

On 3/29/2018 at 10:48 AM, RivNut said:

Probably depends on whether or not he's retrieved his prey.  

Could be better determined if the Retriever is coming or going?

• 6 months later...

Gents, attached is a picture of another ( and final final) effort to come up with a color that satisfies me. Since there is no paint code for the air cleaner ( that I know about) different hues of the same color could have very well been sprayed at different times during the production period of the 63. Colors anything change overtime. So, here is my latest effort at “ getting the color right”.

216A42B4-6471-4A53-B89E-DE82DAEB79A9.jpeg