CHICKASHA PRE-WAR SWAP MEET

Terry Wiegand

The 2018 Chickasha Pre-War Swap Meet will be held at the Grady County Fairgrounds in Chickasha, Oklahoma on March 16th and 17th.  As always, the Pre-War Buick enthusiasts meet at high noon at Steve Hammatts space.  The gals selling the T-shirts and

sweat shirts can direct you to Steve's location.  Remember - High Noon on Friday, March 16th.  Be There!!

• Like 4

• MrEarl pinned this topic

My booth spaces are NJ 8 & 9.  North Building, as you enter from the vendor area outside (and the restrooms are directly in front of you) turn right and enter the display area, make an immediate left turn and I'm the second vendor on the left.  Look for the banner on the wall "Leather LIcense Plates".  Hope to see you all there on Friday, at noon!

WebsiteBanner2016.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm planning to attend Chickasha this year.

Arriving late Wednesday

Which days should I plan to stay?

Haven't been there since 1994 

10 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

I'm planning to attend Chickasha this year.

Arriving late Wednesday

Which days should I plan to stay?

Haven't been there since 1994 

Marty,

Looking forward to seeing you at Chickasha.  Twenty-four years is a long time between visits.

We arrive early Thursday morning (flying in from Seattle) and driving to Chickasha to be ready

for Thursday late afternoon entry onto the grounds for setup. Included in my recently received

vendor confirmation packet was a special notice regarding the following change in the format.

1.  A windshield sticker to be placed on your vehicle's windshield prior to entering the gate (no change from last year).

2.  If you're driving a trailer to be placed on your space prior to Thursday's gate opening "YOU MUST BE THERE BY 1PM" (I believe that this is the same as last year).

3.  "We will be entering from the east field by the fairgrounds marquee"  THIS IS A MAJOR CHANGE FROM USING THE WEST ENTRANCE TO USING THE EAST ENTRANCE

4.  ....in the staging field there will be limited space for parking.  (I'm unsure of any impact this will have, possibly cut down on congestion in the staging area found in prior years?)

Anyway Marty, remember that typically on the full day (Friday) evening there have been open house visits to 3-4 collections in the greater OKC area.  If this is still the

plan, be sure to save some time on Friday for a great evening to visit some extremely interesting collections.  I always stay in my space as a vendor until noon on Saturday.

Also, starting last year Susie and Mike made available ATM machine(s)?? on site.  Buyers mentioned to me that this was appreciated.  I'm looking forward to this year's 

meet.  Here's hoping for good weather.

Also, remember the FRIDAY NOON Buick gathering at my vendor space NJ 8-9 in the North Bldg (where the weather inside is always perfect!).  We're just inside the North Bldg,

enter the bldg into the center lobby by the restroom, turn right, then immediate left, we're on the left.  I always have the grey banner with the leather license plate logo (see

logo in my posting above).

Steve

Edited by Steve Hammatt (see edit history)

March 16th and 17th is also the date of the Kansas Sunflower Swap Meet. This is the 43th year and it has been moved to Century II downtown Wichita Kansas. 

There will be lots of vendors that have always gone to Oklahoma and Kansas. More info on the web and facebook

Just an FYI

March 16th and 17th is also the date of the Kansas Sunflower Swap Meet. This is the 43th year and it has been moved to Century II downtown Wichita Kansas. 

There will be lots of vendors that have always gone to Oklahoma and Kansas. More info on the web and facebook

Just an FYI

Chuck,

Is this the one that used to be the first weekend of February at the Coliseum north of Wichita? What a shame that it now conflicts with Chickasha!

Pete Phillips

Pete this is the same meet that you are referring to except that the old swap meet was sold to a charity group. After the purchase of the swap meet which became Sunflower swap meet for charity it almost died then when the old venue north of Wichita was sold and it looked like the swap meet again was going to be killed or downsized the people that always went to the old swap meet wanted it to continue so with no other options it has moved to Century ll downtown. The old date in February was not available and wont be in the future from what I understand so the only data available was the March date. In talking with the owners the meet is full and bigger that the past. They are aware of the Okla swap meet but it was that or nothing

I have been to both so lets see what happens. I think most people don't want to see either one go away I know I dont

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:02 AM, Pete Phillips said:

Chickasha, OK. yesterday at 12 noon. See anyone you recognize?

Can anyone rotate the photo? It was straight when I uploaded it!

CHICKSHA.jpg

I was in the other building at NOON, and completely lost track of time - sorry I wasn't there for the photo, but really enjoyed the Chickasha Meet

• Like 1

• MrEarl unpinned this topic