1976 Riviera s/r

Guest Taylor LaScala

Guest Taylor LaScala

I have a s/r black with red interior, I was wondering if anyone out there knew the rarity of the car. I know there was only 1600 or so s/r’s produced. Just kinda curious how many actually have the same color combo. Also, I am looking for a floor shifter for the console shift! Thanks!

Edited by Taylor LaScala (see edit history)

In general 5.5% of all Rivs in 76 were black. From that stat, one could make a general assumption by taking 1600 S/R's x 5.5% and that's would get you in the ballpark for how many black exteriors. And then even less from that number would be ones that were black with a red interior.

• Like 1

Only two interior colors were available in the S/R in 1976, Red and Tan.  Someone help me here but wasn't it the S/R in 76 that was available with the Formula Five wheels with red painted webs?  I remember an ROA member from St. Louis who had a white / red S/R with those rims.  

Lots of parts were shared by GM amongst its divisions, especially windshields, but this Riviera is much bigger than the intermediate sized Chevrolet.   One reason behind the poor sales of the Riviera for the years 74 - 76 was that they looked too much like the other Buick models from the same years.  Nothing to really set them apart, especially having to follow the boat tails from 71 - 73.

Here's a picture of the car I had a question about in my previous thread.

a8f31068a0f26904f60ccc3dc0f5b662.jpg.41ed973d2c431b3f33d6446fd9fc9c01.jpg

Ed

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pat Curran said:

I’m not 100% sure about the red on the road wheel but the wire wheel covers that were on S/R’s had red backgrounds.

I saw an NOS one that a vendor was trying to sell at the ROA event in Flagstaff.  An ROA member in St Louis had a similar car.  Jeff wound up restoring his.  

Guest Taylor LaScala

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I’m not too familiar with other years really. But would a shifter on a gs be similar? Been having problems finding one off of a sr.

Mr. LaScala,

Welcome to the ROA forum. You will find many knowledgeable and well seasoned Riviera veterans here.

Your console option is a gorgeous one and there are several available now on ebay.

What current floor shift configuration do you possess, if any?

The prior years of "boat tail" consoles are the same as '76.

Here is a prior thread with relevant detail:

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/104077-1976-riviera-sr/

Any posted images of your interior would help.

Thanks!

Edited by PWB (see edit history)

Guest Taylor LaScala

I don’t have any pictures of mine right now.  The pictures you referenced from the prior thread is the same interior I have. I am reposting the pictures to further assist you assist me. Any way you might have link to them on eBay? I’m having problems finding them. Thanks again! 

158CBF1C-ECF0-41E3-B8E1-D211DEA579F0.jpeg

07481D1B-5652-48FB-ABBC-F52A7B0EF2CB.jpeg

Edited by Taylor LaScala (see edit history)