1930 Buick 64C for sale

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:39 AM, Matt Harwood said:

This car is now a CCCA Full Classic as well. Very affordable way to get into all the events!

I forgot that it was a full classic now, yes it's a nice car.  If I don't get much response here, I will put it on Ebay and someone will probably make a hotrod out of it.

It's a big mistake to write it off as hot-rod fodder just because you don't get any response here. There are few buyers on this board--most of the guys on this board already have cars. You should give it a wider advertising market--an ad in Hemmings is hard to beat for a car like this. Don't just throw it on eBay and write it off, spend some proper time and effort to get it sold for top dollar. There's a guy out there who will love it as-is, your price is reasonable, it's just going to take time to find him.

It's frustrating when my clients call me three days after I list their car and ask, "Anything yet?" This isn't an auction where you get immediate satisfaction (and an immediate hit to your bottom-line), it takes time to sell a car like this. If you take your time, you will make more money. If you need the car gone, yes, dump it, but if you don't need to move it immediately, spend the time to get it advertised properly and to the right people and you'll get top dollar from someone who likely won't cut it up.

Don't just throw it away. It deserves better.

• Like 4

Matt:

I assumed only the 1931 90 series cars and up were CCCA eligible. But since this is the direct predecessor of that series on the 132" WB I can see the logic. If I did not have 3 Buicks already in need of engine work. This lovely Coupe would be tempting.

Rogerrabbit, where is the car located?

The 1930 60 Series was admitted just this year for the reasons you cite. It was the precursor to the 90 Series and was the biggest, most luxurious car Buick built that year, so it was deemed worthy. I think they're good cars with robust powertrains and a coupe at this price is a fantastic find. The CCCA thing is just icing on the cake.

6 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

The 1930 60 Series was admitted just this year for the reasons you cite. It was the precursor to the 90 Series and was the biggest, most luxurious car Buick built that year, so it was deemed worthy. I think they're good cars with robust powertrains and a coupe at this price is a fantastic find. The CCCA thing is just icing on the cake.

It would be nice if the CCCA would update their list when they make an addition. Or answer an email inquiry about said car.....

Someone who owns the newly added car might be inclined to become a member if there was some official acknowledgment.

9 minutes ago, Buick64C said:

It would be nice if the CCCA would update their list when they make an addition. Or answer an email inquiry about said car.....

Someone who owns the newly added car might be inclined to become a member if there was some official acknowledgment.

Yeah, that would be nice, wouldn't it? I'm the director of the Ohio Region CCCA and they apparently approved the 1941 Buick 70 Series at August's national board meeting. As a regional director, it would have been nice to have been notified of those new additions to the list. I recently made an ass of myself by explaining to someone that their 1941 Buick Roadmaster wasn't a Full Classic... but it is. Unfortunately, the CCCA is about to start eating itself alive over revised judging standards, so I'd expect things like this to slip through the cracks for the foreseeable future.

That online list is at least two years out of date, so don't rely on that. Sadly, I don't have a better/different source.

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 2:52 PM, dibarlaw said:

Matt:

I assumed only the 1931 90 series cars and up were CCCA eligible. But since this is the direct predecessor of that series on the 132" WB I can see the logic. If I did not have 3 Buicks already in need of engine work. This lovely Coupe would be tempting.

Rogerrabbit, where is the car located?

Indianapolis

Like Matt said, don't give up too easily.

There are buyers lurking on this site, I'm one of them. Just looking for the right car to add to the collection.

He's right with the Hemmings suggestion, cast a wider net. I'm on the Hemmings site daily, as well at Matts site, and this one....daily.