6 Volt Positve ground Horns , found some

49 Chrysler

I own a 49 Chysler New Yorker Coupe , Had a heck of a time finding High and Low  6 volt positive ground Horns. 1955 T-Birds are 6Volt positive ground , the bell top is slightly different but they are marked Sparton. I found several Sources for them.  Amazon has them also,.several classic Ford Tbird part stores has them now I can put my grill on ,  Hooray

59ad6f2674a28_Sparton6voltHornlownote.jpg.4aab98017ade3a681826d9c68861f35f.jpg59ad6f1bc4a31_Sparton6volthornHighnotes.jpg.bcd5caf7d85f0911a9f894da987728f9.jpg

Edited by 49 Chrysler
spelling (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SaddleRider
12 hours ago, Willie Wurke said:

FYI:   YOUR CAR ALSO REQUIRES POSITIVE GROUND SPARK PLUGS.

Oh oh...I see where this "thread"is going.......given the above, guess it is o.k. if I ask where to find positive ground white-wall tires ?

If the horn uses a permanent magnet motor to make noise, it cares about polarity. If it uses a series wound field,  it could care less. The vibrator type also does not care about polarity.

Spark plugs are ALL positive ground! Electrons leave the sharp pointy electrode in the middle to hit the broader "ground" electrode, therefore the center is negative with respect to the shell. That is why hooking the coil primary terminals up properly is important, so the secondary voltage is the correct polarity. There is a carbon pencil test for spark plug wire polarity in some shop manuals, but as long as you connect the primary terminals correctly, you are fine.

After reading 49 Chrysler,s OP many times it seems to me he was just trying to pass on some info. 

When you are a Newbie,the first impression you get when you try to fit into this forum is important.lf I was him 

I would never post again

You only get ONE Chance to make a first impression.

Do you ever wonder why we have trouble getting or retaining new membership?

Ken

• Like 2

Oh, for Pete's sake!!!

Anyone with the slightest sense of humor would know when someone is just poking a little fun. If the OP has that thin a skin then, perhaps, all online forums should be avoided. Have you ever seen some of the responses on Facebook or YouTube?? Makes this site look like Sunday school. As far as new people joining, it could just be a natural evolution. How many people are joining the Masons, the VFW, the Odd Fellows, the American Legion?? A lot of the old clubs and organizations are simply aging out. Sites like this could be part of the problem. With online forums, you can join with like minded people, usually for free and talk about anything, be it old cars, knitting, camping, woodworking, you name it. Why belong to a club when all the advantages are a click away?

• Like 1

HI 49 Chrysler ! In the hopes that you check here again , I would like to welcome you to AACA Forums on behalf of all of us participants ! Your information , and presence here is to be encouraged. I am a 73 year old dog , and I constantly learn new tricks here. I particularly treasure finding out that long held misconceptions are exactly that. That new "recalibration" has had direct benefits to driving and caring for my old vehicles. Others don't really have immediate practical use. They do , however , lead to a much fuller understanding of a number of realms of our fascinating hobby. Another joy is the camaraderie on line. At my age , in my life , more than 1/2 of my very best oldest friends are gone. I miss them terribly. Each ones absence leaves a black hole in my universe. And yet , here on AACA , I feel the joy of real friendships , sharing with nice people who are doing nice things for one another. It makes me very happy. I am sure that we all hold out the hope that you will come back to join with us and share the happiness !   Your forum friend   -  Cadillac Carl

P.S. In the case that you join us , I will post a pic of each of my two oldest cars. I have another coming , a 1930 Buick , but it is a project , and the title has not been transferred yet. So it can wait. Here are my 1924 and 1927 Cadillacs. Most of the guys and gals here already know them , so I will just show one pic of each without further comment other than to say they are unrestored originals , and I enjoy adding to the thousands of miles I have put on them. Again , welcome , and please share some of your cars with us !   - CC

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

C Carl you are really good with the written word ,well said.

Our little club has lost three members since November.

we get a few new members ,but they quickly loose interest.

I,m boiling shrimp tonight and can only get half of our members to show up ,and it's free.

Your cars are super nice .

I hate to show my ignorance but what does !peeB mean??

Ken