1928 Buick Master original

Frank Wilkie

This is my 1928 Buick Master Town Sedan. Has original 37,000 miles on odometer. All original interior which is in next to perfect condition. Original Paint and top. Motor had to be professionally rebuilt due to a cracked middle section of the block. A few updates such as ball bearing fan, stainless water pipe, vacuum tank was rebuilt with new lines, Radiator was restored by a professional shop in Peoria IL..,  fuel tank was taken off and cleaned & sealed. New tires.  The original Dealership in Coucil Bluffs , IA. never sold it to the public. The owner of the dealership drove the car until he stored it away. Later in it's live it was purchased by a Dodge Dealership in Griswold IA...  Stayed there until the death of the owner and then it went to his daughter in Kansas..  Later in life it was sold to some individuals connected to another Chevrolet dealership and then ran through a auction.. There it went to a dealer in Antique cars.  He sold it to a individual in Wisconsin about 12 years ago..  I got it from him last year.  You won't believe the original condition & very clean. 

DSC02688.JPG

DSC02665.JPG

DSC02543.JPG

DSC02544.JPG

DSC02538.JPG

DSC02539.JPG

DSC02540.JPG

1928 b hood.jpg

1928 b out side shade.jpg

1928 b shade.jpg

1928 b sun shade.jpg

1928 Buick dash.jpg

Edited by Frank Wilkie (see edit history)
  • Like 9

I can attest to the incredible condition of this very original Buick.  I got to know this car while it was in Wichita, Kansas.  In fact, we very seriously considered adding it to our collection of early Buicks.  Frank, I hope you were able to track down the lady who owned it when I took all of the photos of it.  That is really a shame about the engine, but, I'll bet it runs just fine these days.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

The lady never contacted me. I sent a written letter and other individuals tried to contact her..  That's ok..  Since I got one of the early titles I tracked it down to Council Bluffs.  A little genealogy work..  Thanks for all of your help on my search.  One person from Denmark tried to purchase it from me.. 

Hi Frank ! What an incredibly well preserved old Buick ! Looks every bit as nice as my '27 Cad , possibly better ! Are these little decals still intact on your car ? If not , Bob's has them. I hope all is well with you.  - Carl

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm putting together a display board of previous title, original 1928 Buick ad's,  ect.. This car needs to be in a museum due to it's originality or a large private collection of original vehicles and keep maintained. Since I've owned it I'm skeptic of driving it and loosing it's appearance.  

• 1 month later...