1930 Series 40 Fan Hub

tomsupon1

Hi all. I have pulled my fan hub and was wondering if it's missing a gear. It looks like there would be a small gear in the hole beside the drive gear in the picture. Is there supposed to be one there?  If so I guess I will be looking for a replacement part or assembly. 

I have checked on Bob's Automobilia for a replacement bearing type but he is out of stock. Is there any other source for a bearing type hub?

image.jpeg

Using grease in the original oil bath system is the cause of most failures.  If you choose to use grease without the gear, I suggest you use Corn Head Grease; a semi-fluid grease that will still lubricate bearing surfaces where normal greases get pushed out and will not flow back in.

• 4 weeks later...

I have an good original one and a new one made with new sealed bearings, ordered an original when mine locked up on me 150 miles away from home, took so long to get it I had a friend make me 2 out of billet aluminum with sealed bearing that should last forever.

once pulls is on you can't tell which one is on the car.

if you need a new style let me know, don't think I will ever use my spare. Will sell it for what it cost me to have made.

Hi v12lincoln. I'm still interested in the hubs. I would like to know your asking price for each one. Can you send me your contact info? Or if you prefer my phone number is 912-944-9924, tsupon1@windstream.net. 

Thanks