1931 Ford Model A

Guest c2graphicdesigns

Guest c2graphicdesigns

4 cylinder flat head original all numbers match
Everything restored to original factory specs other than the electrical which is a 12 volt not 6 volt and the paint.
Rumble seat with interior brand new mohair to original.
Resides in AZ garaged always. Delivery negotiable or come get it.

Make me a reasonable offer and lets see if we can make a deal. I need it gone.00w0w_t8gzbtNFhd_1200x900.jpg

Edited by c2graphicdesigns (see edit history)

Unless you care to field some deeply offending offers, you should state an asking price and post more photos. All potential buyers can see is a Model A painted non-original colors, with a promise of unseen new upholstery and restored mechanicals.

Guest c2graphicdesigns

Here are more photos. I am selling this for my father. I am only repeating what I have been told. Yeah I have been told the paint is not to original. I am wide open to any information any experts want to give however with that being said I have been getting a lot of flack from people who seem to think they know everything and have nothing positive to say. My father has no time for this car. Runs excellent but he is never home to drive it and wants it gone. I will be happy to entertain any reasonable offers. Trust me I can't be insulted any more than these people with bad attitudes who think they are car experts. Again if you have any worth while information on this car it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

IMG_20170220_152109620.jpg

IMG_20170220_152057103 (1).jpg

IMG_20170220_152045407 (1).jpg

IMG_20161130_171231621.jpg

Welcome to the forum Newbie. This is a tough crowd to pitch a car for sale to. Yes, many "experts" like to chime in.  Glad you can stand the heat in the kitchen. It looks very nice in the photos, especially since yellow is my favorite color.

Good luck in finding a new caretaker. 

Stuart a/k/a Reatta Vice

St. Simons Island, GA

3 hours ago, c2graphicdesigns said:

Trust me I can't be insulted any more than these people with bad attitudes who think they are car experts. Again if you have any worth while information on this car it would be appreciated.

You should be advised that the two posts here about the color, are just letting you know that it is a drawback.  I don't see them as know it alls... They are just calling as a heads up.

anyways, i'm not an A expert, but what I see is a "very late production 1931" due to the change that is called "indented firewall".  All that means is for safety reasons, Ford moved the fuel shut off from inside the cab, to mount in a "notch" on the firewall.  It makes it a more desirable A to many people.  Second, the car seems to be a "very" high end quality restoration as far as fit/finish.

But back to the color; not being know it all, but that massive amount of yellow will limit the potential higher end $$ Model A buyers.  You need to find the right person, which is likely out there somewhere.  It's a matter of that person seeing your ads where you choose to post them.

What I mean about "massive amount of yellow", is that even the insides of the car cab, as well firewall, etc are yellow.  That makes it  harder(more expense/labor) for a buyer that wants to do a simple fix of two-tone "black/yellow" change, to tone it down.  That's what is limiting the available buyers with such a strong color.

Runs ads wherever you can, the right person is out there for a high end car, even with the color.

Guest c2graphicdesigns

See this is exactly what I am talking about when I say if you have any information worth while it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you F&J. The people I have gotten lately have been very negative in the sense of telling me good luck selling that POS and so on and so forth. Not any positive. Thanks again for the info I will pass it on to my father. Yeah I kind of figured it would be a special buyer for this car. I will keep trying.

Edited by c2graphicdesigns (see edit history)

18 minutes ago, c2graphicdesigns said:

The people I have gotten lately have been very negative in the sense of telling me good luck selling that POS and so on

18 minutes ago, c2graphicdesigns said:

Yeah I kind of figured it would be a special buyer for this car

The car is too nice as far as quality, to even begin the POS attitude.  Pics do not always show what level of quality, but from what can be seen here, it looks high end, no expense spared.

Yes, you need the right buyer;  As a teeneager in the 60s, I was stunned that Ford Motor Co actually built "screaming PINK" Mustangs!..  Somehow they found buyers, despite my opinion of it being awful.  :)

Good timing to advertise now; some predict things are going better this year for all collector items, some say not, but it's also the perfect time of the year.  You might have to bite the bullet in your ads on the webites and "add the price".  Many car folk avoid "no price" or "make offer" ads.   I'd try Fordbarn website, and believe it or not, also Craigslist.  You need massive exposure these days.

Guest c2graphicdesigns

Thanks, Ill try the fordbarn and I do have it on Craigs but that was where all the crazies came out! ;) What do you think the value on this car is for a buyer?

Looks like a nice little run about I don't mind the yellow , you can always tone it down if you like the model, myself I am into Dodge cars, but ! And again I don't know everything about old cars and don't claim to, don't be put off by some, a lot of people that do high end cars have others do them and more or less supply cash, so take it for what it's worth, no need to battle on here , about hobbies , as for price not sure 8-10,000 ??? Like I say not an expert just a hobby for me and enjoy it a lot, Good luck with your sale and sometimes you just have to let it roll off your back,,,,,again good luck,

Having a little experience buying & selling Model A's the past 20 years, I would value this car @ $13-17K retail in today's collector car market assuming it has an all steel body & fenders, paint looks as good in person as it does in photos, & the car has no major mechanical issues. The 12 volt conversion in my opinion is a plus unless you are a die hard purist & that would eliminate you right out of the box from wanting even if the incorrect  bright Yellow paint did not stop you first. (I personally like the bright yellow color & it would not stop me from buying but that is me; I also have a Pink VW Beetle Convertible I think is cool that most people would stay away from).

Just my .50 cent opinion that has known to be wrong sometimes.

Stuart a/k/a Reatta Vice

St. Simons Island, GA

You're kind of caught between a rock and a hard place with this car.  It appears very nice in the photos, but the color is going to create a problem for most buyers.  The purists, who frequent this site, will balk at the yellow and the twelve volt modification.  They will have to decide if they want to spend the money to get the car back into original condition.  The hot-rodders, over on the H.A.M.B site,  will like the color, but balk at the wheels and motor and will have to decide if they want to spend the money to add juice brakes, new wheels and tires, box the frame and install a small block.  In either case, it would be cheaper to buy a coupe that needed work for 5 or 6  grand and make it what you want.  There may be a buyer out there who likes the yellow and doesn't care that much that it's not totally original, and, if so, you'll be in luck.

As far as prices, I checked sold items on eBay and the price range for coupes in this condition, but with traditional paint jobs, ranged from $13,100 to $10,000.  I think in a real world situation, the color is going to knock off several thousand for most buyers, but you may get lucky.  The other problem everyone has to deal with is location.  Most folks want to look at a car before they buy it.  Too many of us have been burned by buying a car based solely on photographs.  So, a potential buyer in Vermont is going to have to spend money to come and look at the car and then pay to have it shipped back home at at least a dollar a mile.  Model A fords are plentiful and come up for sale all the time, so you are dealing with a buyer's market.  As painful as it may seem, I'd say you'd be lucky to get ten or eleven grand for the car.  Painful, because I'm sure you have more that that in it. (As most of us do.)

Guest c2graphicdesigns

Thank you so much for the info Taylormade. If someone offered me 17,000 right now I would sell it. The car has all the steel and is immaculate. The car runs awesome and has nothing wrong with it at all.