Found unknown vintage car doors in my attic! What car do they belong to?

Guest aschexy

Guest aschexy

I would love your help identifying what car model these doors belong to. Sorry for the weird angles - we found this treasure in the attic of our new house! They must have stored the doors there before adding the ceiling because there's no easy way to get them out. From what I can see there is a very old door handle and a sliding glass window. Maybe they are removable doors to an old jeep? I thought it would be worth figuring out what they are first before I make the effort to cut the ceiling and get them out. Thank you!

post-153984-0-30457200-1436135872_thumb.

post-153984-0-88664000-1436136139_thumb.

Edited by aschexy (see edit history)

G'day aschexy,

From your avatar photo you appear to be in Sydney. If I've got that wrong please disabuse me of that notion!

You say "Maybe they are.......old jeep", that gave me an idea(I know, dangerous!) that maybe they are Landrover? One way to probably confirm that is to check if they are made of aluminium(US = aluminum). If aluminium, then my next port of call would be the local Landrover club. Here's a link to the NSW Landrover Club if indeed you are in Sydney - http://www.lroc.com.au/ They hold their meetings at Denistone, just down the road from where I used to live, Eastwood.

Guest aschexy

Thanks all! I've been googling my brains out and still haven't made any matches. I think I'll hoist myself up in the attic again to get some better photos and look for any manufacturer marks. Any more suggestions, keep em coming! Thanks!