50's Buick owners close to WV/VA/MD/DC??

wex65

With my newly acquired '55 Roadmaster I am located close to Martinsburg, WV so if anyone is close let me know.

Always good to know if there are likeminded people within shouting distance.

Thanks,

Paul

post-85740-143138986885_thumb.jpg

Paul - I second Mr.Earl's suggestion re joining the BCA. I joined a little over a year ago - the monthly BCA magazine is excellent. Also joined the AACA at the same time. As far as likeminded folks in your area - you'll probably find quite a few. I'm just west of Pittsburgh and found there's lot of BCA folks in my own backyard. I haven't met with anyone yet, but I will once I join a local chapter. BTW, that is a nice looking Roadmaster - I'm in the middle of restoring a 57 Special Conv. with at least a couple years to go before completion. Can't wait 'til the day I can finally drive that thing - there's nothing quite like the 50's Buicks!

Steve

Paul,

Nice car, and welcome to the forums.

The BCA roster shows 32 members in WV, and 2 of these right in Martinsburg. Being there are a number of "shall we say" older folks, in the BCA, they may not be on these forums very often. There are also a number in nearby MD and VA. There are local chapters in eastern VA, MD and DC, but if you and some of the locals would want to get a local chapter going out there, that can be done.

Also note that you might consider taking a trip to Concord, NC the last week of June (see elsewhere on the forums for details) for the National meet and you will see quite a number of Buicks there.

John

wex65,

Did you have any luck with the local contacts? Did you get my PM regarding the local show in PA and MD? If you do get to Concord, look me up and I will see if I can get you connected with others in your area.

John

Guest 53buickspecial8

WEX65, i live in WV as well 2 hrs south in Brandywine. i just started my 53 Special 41D project car and have posted some stuff on AACA. This is my first antique resto hopefully it wont be my last.:)

post-85726-143138992608_thumb.jpg

post-85726-14313899261_thumb.jpg

John

Thanks, I didn't see the PM until you mentioned it then found it!

I went ahead and joined the BCA and will wait to hear back from them.

I haven't reached out to the local contacts as of yet but will likely to do this week.

Many thanks for reaching out to me, appreciated.

Paul

53buickspecial8, nice car. I am in the process of trying to get my bumpers chromed here in WV and it looks like you might need the same at some point. If I come up with a cost effective solution I will let you know. The quotes thus far are somewhat higher than I had expected.

If you are up in this area (Martinsburg/Charles Town) feel free to look me up.

Paul

• 3 years later...

Paul,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Buicks. I have a 56 model 48 (modified) and live in MD. We have a local chapter here and do a Buick Car Show in the September time frame. Also there is a Buick Car Show in Mechanicsburg PA in early June that is not too far from you. Hope to see you around. BTW that is very nice Roadmaster.

Mark

Hi guys , thousands of miles from you having my car in Cyprus , new to forum , loved 50s Buicks for years and just bought 53 special convertible , couldn't afford a skylark!

read your posts with interest and grateful for advice fellow members give.

cheers

paul