Another car to id

adam1982

It looks like some sort of sports car that had either lots of plastic or fiberglass trim and there was some sort of cover over the louvered area. There's a steering wheel and wiper visible on the left side so it is a photo of the front.

I wish there was more of this car in the photo for more clues. I know what it isn't.:o

I think it's the rear end sheet metal of a car covering the front end of either the same car or another. It looks like the hood substructure is there, (the formed channels that make the triangle visible in front of the steering wheel, we always remove this for the hoods of stock cars for weight), but it doesn't look like it belongs to the sheetmetal near it. So I think it is the back of a car on top of the front of the car.

Jay

I don't think those louvers would be functional even in the back of a car and theres no trunklid.

Sounds to me like you're describing a rear engined car. This ain't it, but whatever that hood came from (I think) looked something like this Fiat 850 Spider:

Fiat-Fiat-850_10654.JPG

I also think that the hood is lying upside down on something that might not be the same car it came off of.