Missing post?

stimpy

I don't know exactly what happened to my "Reatta Blues" post. Sincere thanks to all those who've e-mailed or posted to me about the incident and/or individual.

My post was an honest description of what happened in SE Wisconsin last week. It was written in the hopes of warning any other potential victims out there. However, I didn't know this kind of censorship went on here in the forum...I guess I was wrong about that too.

I'm a retired Air Force field medic, currently finishing my education degree in order to become a teacher. I'm an honest and honerable man...and what was done to me just wasn't right. I gave Randy a chance to do the honerable thing...but he didn't even contact me.

So...I think I'll take my leave of this forum. As I said in my earlier post, I don't even want to see another Reatta...let alone own one.

Kevin G.

See ya. You agreed to these rules when you registered:

Registration as a User implies acceptance of the following terms and conditions:

<span style="font-weight: bold">- Participants shall not post any material likely to cause offence, </span>- that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right - without the express permission of the owner of such copyright - or that contains personal phone numbers or addresses.

- Participants may not use the Forums to post or transmit advertisements or commercial solicitations of any kind.

<span style="font-weight: bold">- The appropriate Forum Moderator has the right to edit, censor, delete or otherwise modify any posted message.</span> - This web site does not verify or guarantee the accuracy of the material posted to the Forums or bear any responsibility for any loss, damage, or other liabilities caused by any posted message.

You came in with flames blazing. Karma.

HONEST DESCRIPTIONS DO NOT INCLUDE EXAGGERATIONS, DESIGNED TO GARNER ENDEARMENT FROM THOSE WHO HAVE'NT HEARD OTHERWISE.

IF YOU READ MY RESPONSE, YOU'D HAVE SEEN THE GROSS EXAGGERATIONS YOU EMBELLISHED FROM YOUR EMAIL TO ME. I WAS NOT ABOUT TO DIGNIFY YOUR OUTRAGOUS REQUEST WITH A RESPONSE.

IN YOUR EMAIL TO ME YOU STATED YOUR COST FOR THE TRIP WAS $700, HERE YOU SAID THE COST WAS $800.

IF YOU WERE BEING TRUTHFUL, NO EXAGGERATION WAS NECESSARY.

IF YOU WERE LYING, EXAGGERATION(S) WERE REQUIRED TO BOLSTER YOUR WEAK CASE.

I WAS OFFENDED BY YOUR COMMENTS FLAMING ME HERE, AS WERE OTHERS WHO HAVE MET AND DEALT WITH ME HERE, THATS WHY YOUR FLAMIN' POST WAS REMOVED FROM THIS FORUM, I BELIEVE.

I WILL NOT MISS YOUR DILLUSIONS WHEN YOU GO, DON'T CHOKE ON ANY FURRBALLS, STIMPY!

post-38921-143137878921_thumb.jpg

stimpy, frankly I thought it was removed because of manikmekanik's over the top response.

You have many Reatta friends here who welcome you and encourage you to persue the Reatta of your dreams.

Still sensorship and I don't like it.

Believe I would have stated it a bit differently and waited until less angry. Just bought a car over the internet myself (not a Reatta) but exchanged over 25 MB of jpgs in process, most of undercarriage shots. Am completely satisfied with the result.

Have to remember that "no rust" in the Midwest means something different north of Kentucky than in LA (no rubber) or Texas (no paint).

When we sold our Bonneville with pictures of the *really* rust free undercarriage, people on that forum were amazed that a daily driver like that could exist, for many in the rust-belt, "no rust" means "no major holes".

Perhaps I am over cautious, this was the first time I have bought a car without personally examining it. However after driving a couple of thousand miles to look at a lot of overpriced junk, was willing to take a chance (did have some others personally look at it first). Am still sorting out (could not afford a fully restored show car) but present problems are the type of thing I understand.

Sorry if I went "over the top"

How would any of you have responded to what was most obviously, (when compared to his email) an exaggerated flame, intended only to defame and enrage the party being attacked?

Stimpy included priviliged info, then decided to use it to defame.

I offered to send any and all photos he requested, and did so.

If I had NOT responded, others would assume he was truthful. Posting his email to me showed he was not, or exaggeration would not be warranted.

He lives in the rust belt and knows his exaggerated comment was wrong, but wanted it to sour the opinion of others here toward me & my cars.

Poor Stimpy, got all the pix he asked for, and then some. Decided to fly out to see it, without a plan "B", decided not to buy, then decided I'm liable for his decisions, (AND COSTS), and lied to all of you here with a sob story intended only to garner sympathy and to defame me.

HE SHOULD GO INTO POLITICS, OR TV NEWS, WHERE THIS BEHAVIOR IS EXPECTED.

I apologize for any comments which offend anyone here, except Stimpy.

I will not sit idly by while being defamed under false pretences, as I expect no-one should.

Good luck on your e-mail campaign to defame me, Stimpy!

post-38921-143137878935_thumb.jpg

While I don't like censorship per se, there are rules to be followed. Some other forums have a "rants and raves" section, maybe something like that would be appropriate? Feedback is used to good purpose on places like Ebay, and it would seem this is a rather strong example, but similar. The unfortunate problem with segregating feedback like this would be it would be less visible. Too bad there isn't an impartial arbitrator available to present an unbiased evaluation of the situation.

I don't have a dog in this fight, knowing neither party, <span style="font-style: italic">but I do believe that there's something about no commercial-type advertising here.</span> In re-reading the thread, there seems to be nearly 20 posts by Randy trying to sell his "herd" of Reattas. IMHO, that's what AutoTrader and the classifieds are for. No one has an objection to someone informing the group of a car available or sought, but the posts make it sound like a used-car lot, including putting 'em out on display. Any pennants or banners flying?

<span style="font-weight: bold">-- ALF</span>

For the record:

1. I deleted the thread in question.

2. "Personal attacks" are not allowed anywhere on this website. Of course there is a degree of subjectivity involved, but when you start criticizing a person's physical attributes, especially in the context of a deal that didn't work out, clearly the intent is to insult.

3. Given what had already been stated by both parties on the thread in question, there was no direction for the thread to go other than round after round of ad hominem attacks, which would provide no value to the forum and no resolution to the disagreement at hand.

4. Technically, there is a prohibition on advertising-type posts outside of buy and sell sections, but it has never been enforced within our forum, and the consensus seems to be the we here like to have this commercial activity within our section rather than having to search out Reatta-specific ads scattered within the BCA Buy/Sell section.

No one here has the knowlege of the situation necessary to pass judgement, and even if one of us did it would probably not change the mind(s) of the parties involved about what transpired.

Let's move on.

No, ther are'nt any flags/banners flying, all my cars are out-of-sight from the road. I did display the 3 BCA award winners this summer for a week or two.

I'm not, (as stated in the "herd" post), selling my herd of Reattae, merely offering ALL the cars I own for sale, in hopes of selling 1 or 2. Preferrably NOT any of the Reattae, but my goal is to buy another show-Reatta, maybe a Select Sixty, which will cost between 2X and 5X what the 91 coupe is priced.

I stated in the "herd" post Panikmekanik's request was for me to sell a car before buying more. Her main focus was for me to sell the 1984 C4 Corvette.

I recently asked the administrator to move the herd post from the Buy/Sell forum, because those (stimpy and others) interested in Reattae rarely goto any other forum on this site. The day it was moved, I got responses!

I've driven, taken busses, trains and airplanes to view Reattae to buy.

No matter what the seller said, I got photos before going, made an escape plan, and in only 2 cases, I did not buy. I never expected the seller to compensate me for any part of my trip(s), nor have I flamed any of them - even on cars I've bought that were "not as represented". The 281,000 mile Reatta was advertised as having 250k miles. I found out this discrepancy when I arrived, after a 6-hour trip with pickup and car dolly. I was shocked to find the car ran and drove, despite the miles, rebuilt title and BAD tires.

I'm a collector/enthusiast/hobbyist who is much better at buying than selling - or they would all be sold along the "Upgrade Path".

I know my "Herd" post may SOUND commercial, I wrote it to attract attention, adding my own enthusiasm along the way. There are many responses from me to add a photo of each car, and to closely define each one, in response to posts in most cases.