Florida in Febuary

Barney Eaton

I thought I posted this earlier, but was wrong again.........

The BCA will have a board meeting in Kissimmee Feb 24-25. I was thinking we might be able to get some Reatta owners together at that time. We could meet for a meal, but it would need to be the 23 or lunch on the 24 as the local Buick people have the rest of the time planned.

I also hope to meet Padgett if he is not out of town. I am also going to attempt to meet Tom Jenkins (www.reatta.net web site owner) in person. Tom has been hosting that site since around 1998.

Also, you are welcome to attend the BCA board meeting....if you are really bored. It will probably be Saturday morning. I will need to check on the location but it will probably be the Days Inn, Maingate East, 5840 W Irlo Bronson Highway.

Guest Tonivisa

Nancy told me about this when I met you folks in Syracuse. I plan on driving my 90 claret red conv., if I still have it. It is in the AUTO TRADER now. 12/20/05 90 conv. sold.------- I need a Reatta ----- Toni

Guest HessLakeGuy

One of the Edsel Clubs uses Olde Town on Irlo Bronson for a winter show. That place hosts car events all the time for local cars. How many Days Inns are there on that strip?

This is a constant problem around here, someone comes into town and says they are staying at the Holiday Inn and you have to say "Which one ?" ond when they say "On International Drive" you have to ask "Which one ?"

There are six Days Inns on Irlo Bronson (better known locally as Highway 192). The one by Old Town is 5820 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746, US Phone: 407-396-7900.

Personally I would prefer the Comfort Suites on the other side of Old Town 2775 Florida Plaza Blvd Phone: (407) 397-7848

There is a weekly Friday (1973-1987) and Saturday (1972 and earlier) night cruise at Old Town . I was once told that the Reatta would be welcome on the Friday night event as an "exotic" but never tried.

I found my folder. The "official" hotel name is DAYS INN MAINGATE EAST at 5840 West Irol Bronson. The local Buick club (Mid-Florida Buick Club) handled booking the hotel so the choice was not mine.

I know there are several Reatta owners in Florida, without checking in detail I don't know how close they are to Kissimmee. That is why I posted here just to see what the people in the know had to say.

This one. About 20 minutes down I-4 from my house.

Am a bit confused now, there seem to be two different Days Inns at the same location. The other one seems to be a touch closer to Old Town.

They have the 192 exit under construction now, do not know if exit westbound (southbound from Orlando) will be open by then.

I find it less stressful to get off the exit before (exit 67 - Oceola Parkway Eastbound) , turn south (right) on International Drive (first traffic light), turn left (east) at end in rightmost of two left turn lanes onto 192 and the Days Inn parking lot is almost immediately on your right (south side of street).

• 2 weeks later...

Linda,Jim,Carole and I will be there, we have no reservation so far. We will be driving so we don?t need airline tickets but we will need hotel/motel reservations for two or three nights. The dates are in the ?in season? so it is doubtful I will find any great deals, but hope spring eternal. I?ll get cracking on our reservations as soon as I get off the forum. Thanks for the reminder. See you there?

Guest HessLakeGuy

George:

Just made our reservations. The Selanders will be there, too, starting Thursday afternoon.

Staying at the Quality Suites Maingate East near Old Town.

Tom

Guest GS70Stage1

I am helping the local Mid Florida Chapter with some of the planning on this and being local will help any of you that have questions or whatever.

The Day's Inn is giving a special rate (about $50 per night) so be sure to mention Buick Club when you call them. They have done renovations so think it will be satisfactory and is right next to Old Town.

For those who don't know, Old Town in Kissimmee has a Sat Night Cruise for cars 72 and older. The street is closed off all day and cars are parked for all to walk through and talk to owners. Then at 8:30 the cars cruise down through the main street. Lots of tourists and it is fun to be the parade. We will be the host club that night which includes special parking on the street, etc.

Plans for Fri night are to take the Directors in classic cars to a restaurant. Reatta group could go together to the same place or different - what would the group like?

Also all ideas for local promotion are welcome - would like as many of people close to at least know about this. I-4 goes across middle of Fla, from Daytona to Tampa/St Pete, and is about an hour to hour & half from each.

I can be reached at GS70Stage1@yahoo.com or cell 407/509-0546.

Think it would be great to have a fleet of Reatta's at either the Fri or Sat Cruise. Haven't been there for a couple of years. For us local working folks, Sat would be best, but could make arrangements for Fri. Of course this assumes our cars are "Exotic" enough. Maybe F14 & Jessica could show up. grin.gif

Guest HessLakeGuy

Remember, some of us are flying in, so we won't have our Reattas with. Still its nice to meet (in person) the people on this forum.

• 4 weeks later...

I want to get this back at the top of the discussion .......don't forget the Kissimmee meeting and we will be working on plans. I know of 4 couples that will be there on their winter break.

No firm plans but we could get together on anytime Thursday or Friday noon (mid-day)

Nancy and I plan on coming to town on Monday or Tuesday and will probably go to Ebcott one day.

Any locals know where the antigue stores/malls are located....I purchased 10 old scales to and from Rochester. I can't seem to stop.

As you head south on I-75 partucularly south of Gainesville there are lots of flea markets and antique shops, just look for the signs. If you have lots of time, get off the interstate at Micanopy (just south of Gainesville) and take 441 down to Orlando. The whole town is antique shops. Is also a place on 441 just south of Bellevue that has more card shufflers than ever seen. Also down 441 just north of Mt. Dora is Renninger's Flea Market, one of the biggest in the state. Is lots to see. Just bring money.

We will be in Plant City in February and plan on attending the Reatta gathering. We will not be bring the Reatta as we are there on business and the Reatta hasn't enough space for all the stuff we will be bringing. Hope to be able to get some input on our planned "Reatta Homecoming" in Lansing, Mi in September 2006. Need all the input we can get to make this a success. See you in Florida. April and Ron Gill

• 1 month later...
Guest GS70Stage1

Need to get in contact with Nancy. She called me but unfortunately I was in a restaurant and didn't have pen to take notes. She sent me an email also, but it didn't get thru, sorry.

I am interested in helping Reatta friends find a place to get together Thurs or Fri.

My contact info is GS70Stage1@yahoo.com and cell 407/509-0546

Thanks,

Ken Anderson