1907 Cadillac

RobP

I have a friend who has a ?One-Cylinder Chain Driven 1907 Cadillac?. It is in some disrepair as it has been sitting stored for many years, but has all the original parts. It should be a terrific purchase and restoration project for the right buyer.

How would you advise me to price it, promote it and sell it for him?

• 1 month later...

Sorry Everyone, that I haven't been back to the sight recently.

My friend still has the 1907 Chain Driven Cadillac and is trying to establish a reasonable selling price. I am trying to help him out since he is not internet/computer savy. It has sat in a garage, uncovered, unused, dusty, unmaintained since 1935. So while it has all the original parts, most are dry, leather cracked, tarnished, etc. The car is located in Greenwich, CT (1 Hour outside New York City, 30 minutes from La Guardia airport).

Can anyone suggest a generally fair price for a car like this? He has no skills to personally restore it and wants to put together a win-win sale so both he and the buyer get a fair shake.

He hasn't yet tried to clean it and move it outside for pictures.

Feel free to reply to me at rpruett@opusadvisory.com

Thanks everyone for your interest and assistance.

I can't give you an idea of value, but I highly suggest that he doesn't do ANYTHING to the car. Do not clean it... NOTHING. There may be some important information there hidden under the dirt, dust, etc. that could be removed if not cleaned carefully. It's been sitting since 1935, it could be a benchmark car for those who restore this type of vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...

My client has decided to give the car to a nearby family member. So there will not be a private sale opportunity at this time.

Many thanks to those of you from the forum who provided your insights and interest over the last few weeks.

I will return to the forum to post pictures we should have in the next week or so.

Guest sixpack2639

Was it just me or did anyone else notice that "I have a friend" at the beginning of the thread changed to "My client" in his last post? I think "somebody" was on a fishing expedition. Carl

BTW, I'm not trying to start anything. It was just an observation.