Tradin my 54 Roadmasters

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest imported_MrEarl

Last year about this time I came across this 55 Super near where me and my son Jordan go trail ridin up in North Carolina callled Richards. I haven't been able to get it out of my mind.Well, Jordan and I went back there this year and I couldn't believe it was still there. Apparently no one realized what a gem it is. I talked to the guy and after a lot of back and forth haggeling he took me up on a trade for Buttercup (my low mile original 4 door) and DoraB, my 70,000 mile one owner 2 dr. I had to leave him a check for the agreed value of those two cars but brought the car home on the trailer we had carried Jordans Trooper up on. The car is a custom and one of the nicest custom jobs I've ever seen done on a 50's model. Although it's been neglected for a couple of years, it shouldn't take much to bring it back to it's awesome for sure trophy winning status. I will certainly be bringing it to Batavia and expect to win the Modified Division. It"s just that nice and beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy to have been able to make this trade. Look at the attached picture. I think you'll agree. I bet even Tommy 27 will like this one.

Guest imported_MrEarl

More pictures. Man I'm one lucky and happy man!!!

I think the antennas are what made it so irresistable. They're made out of 56 portholes I think. HOW KOOL CAN YOU GET!!!.

Guest Teamsterdug

I see that you still have at least 3 more '54s in your collection. Please contact me. Have I ever got a deal for you. You see I have this bridge.......

Guest Teamsterdug

You sure this isn't the car that Johnny Cash built??? One piece at a time from pieces brought home from the GM plant in his lunch box and over the course of 8 or 10 years!

Dear Teamsterdug,YOUR beatin Ole Lamar up pretty good,Not that he doesn't deserve it,afterall this is the same guy that has shocked.gifHOW MANY 1954 WHAT???????? shocked.gif.LAMAR i am goin POST your PHOTO at the border.YOU will not be allowed into New York with this THING.diz shocked.gifshocked.giftongue.gif

That's my 1st thought - April Fools on everybody. But then I thought, man in this politically correct age, what's a guy supposed to post? So, ah, here goes:

Great trade, Lamar!!!???

Bryan Moran

crazy4abby

1949 Buick Roadmaster 2 door sedanette

1968 Buick Riviera

1973 Buick Centurion convertable

Guest imported_MrEarl

Well thanks Bryan and Keith, at least somebody else appreciates the great deal I've made. So you other guys, Brian, Bill, Dizzy and Teamster Duck, I take it you think this guy Richard got the better end of the deal. Well I'm sorry but I can't agee with you.This guy was really nice. He even sent two enclosed car haulers today in the pouring down rain to pick up the Roadmasters instead of me taking care of that part as originally planned. A super guy!! Can't you all tell the time and effort the PO put into this unique customized job. Sorry I did not get a good shot of the front grille, but that is a Mercedes grille on this 55 Buick Super. To me this makes this car PRICELESS. And this has nothing to do with it being April 1st. I think I sense some jealousy here. I, I know how Tommy27 must feel now. Boy just because I waver toward the "custom" side one little time I'm treated like a you know what. Like I'm part of the "Q" parade or something. Well this is it. I don't have to take it. Will the moderator of this forum please unsubscribe me, I'm going over to that "other" forum. I believe it's called Welches V-8 or something like that.

And oh yea, I'd like to see those New York border patrols just try and catch this Super 55. They'll think they were just buzzed by the Batmobile or something.

And yea, TeamsterDoug I'll consider that trade for the bridge if you'll throw in the water under it.

See youse guys. It been nice noin ya.

Lamar,

HA! and HA! again. Even if it weren't April 1, trading BOTH cars was waaaaaayyy over the top. One maybe, and probably NOT Buttercup.

I understand the supercharged Chevy V-16 under the hood, and the Slim Jim make your new toy quite the fun car to drive. Just remember, they call it the Slim Jim for a reason. Only 4 speed tranny in the whole world that behaves like a 2 speed.

Oh well too each his own. I understand from the Packard folks that those 56 Clipper taillights are very expensive.

Have fun and to all Aprils a happy Fools Day

Guest imported_MrEarl

Darn, my wife has spoken. Anybody want to buy a nice custom 55 Super?

Oh well maybe next year.....

grin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif

Lamar,

I am dissappointed, I was really quite happy you made the trade. I love the customs and the more over the top, the better.

So is it really a April fools joke ?

Now I am off to the Kontinetal custom show for the day. Your car would fit right in.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Before the moderator does unsub me , yes this was an April Fools day joke y'all. As far as I know this car is still at Richards in NC and hopefully my girls are in the barn. I'm going down to check though and make sure. That would not be a funny AFD joke.

Now to get this thing off my avatar. crazy.gif

From the last time we were there, about a year ago...

My Pontiac bud says "What IS that?"

Sez me, "It WAS a Buick."

I hate that Jim Bingham closed up, and now all that's left in Asheboro area is Richard's. Even worse is that Richard's always saw Bingham as an interloper and wouldn't even make an offer on Bingham's stock. There was some choice stuff in there too- WAAAAY beter quality stuff than Richard Keller has. Richard has a whole yardful of gold-plated rust.

'Course, I would settle for a daytrip to Richard's, if I could ever get some meaningful time off to go. Lamar, next time y'all come up there, PM me. Tim and I might be able to swing a day off as we're just a little over an hour away.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Glen, In fact my son and I are going trailriding at Uhwarrie this coming weekend but doubt if I'll be able to make it over to R's on Sat before he closes, if indeed he opens. There's really nothing in there I need at the prices. Last time I was there I spent an hour pulling some parts off a 54 Special (the one parked up next to the fence) took them up to the counter and yea, you would have thought they were gold plated from the prices he wanted. I kindly returned them to the car, put them in the trunk and closed the lid... ooops, it locked...too bad.

I never made it to Jim Binghams but heard he had a lot of good stuff. I like going to that little junk shop just down the road from R's . Farm implements and rusty yard art stuff for decent prices. He also has like a 57-8 Edsel, all there, 60's plates sitting behind the building.

Are there any more yards between there and Georgia that you know of.