Are Gas prices going to stop you from going to Batavia ?

Bill Stoneberg

Considering It looks like gas may be 2 - 3 dollars by July, is this going to affect your plans to go to Batavia ?

I ask this because some comments that were made about going to Plano was that it would cost too much to drive to Texas. Now that gas is about 75 cents higher I am wondering. I know for me it is about 1100 miles or 4 tanks of gas one way.

Still cheaper at the moment then Continental or Delta.

Guest sixpack2639

This really sucks! I was supposed to be in Medina, NY the first Sunday in July for a family reunion, only about 20 miles from Batavia. I thought I was going to be able to kill two birds with one stone since the National Meet starts the following Wednesday but Noooooooooo. They had to change the reunion to the last Sunday in June so now I will have to miss the Meet. This really SUCKS! Carl

OK I'm done ranting now!

It is 1300 miles for me and will cost $150-200 more than the last time I made a trip to NY. We plan on sleeping in the car a few nights and eating baloney sandwiches on the road.. If we do stay in a motel, I will negotiate a lower rate if I don't shower. I could also increase the air pressure in the tires to 90 psi and drive 35 mph for 18 hours a day. Or I could stay at home and use the same excuse others had for now going to Plano last year.... wink.gif

Willie

Guest my3buicks

That's the spirit Willie!! crazy.gif I used the "moving to another house excuse for not going to Plano, believe me I don't want to use that one again for a long time!"

I drove the 69 Sport Wagon to Plano which is three times as far as Batavia from my home, and I installed a 200-4R overdrive in it last fall just to help the fuel economy. I will be there "Be the good Lord willin' ,and the creek don't rise",but I am driving my "modified to promote the new division.

Hey, guys,

Don't forget to use all of those snake oil 'miracle in a can' things you see advertised on late-night TV.

Between that and the "Tornado" you should be getting about 60-80 MPG in a late-60's 430 cu. in. V-8, according to their claims.

Hey, go and enjoy if you can. Life is waaaaay too short to worry about gas prices. No one is going to wake up some day in failing health in a hospital bed or nursing home and say "Wow, I sure am glad I saved gas money in 2005 by not doing the things I loved to do back then with my family."

Joe

Went to Plano last year because we have a brother and a sister that live there. I enjoyed the overall experience while my wife and daughter got to swim/eat/shop.

I had no plans to go to Batavia this year. We live in Iowa. I'll be getting 2 cars ready for the Minnesota meet next year.

Bryan Moran

Nope, no gas prices will stop me from going 4 hours to be 3 hours closer to my parents, who will be there, too! We still don't have any hotel reservations, nor I have I sent in the registration form for any of us, all BCA members, my Mom and Dad about 180 miles away, brother Chris, only 48 miles or so, and me, 4 hrs away, we have to have a family chat on logistics it seems, who's bringing what cars, and if we are going to participate in the swap meet, which is the most important topic, as who will man the swap, while the rest of us shop, judge or wander, etc? And of course, I have to organize the whole thing, being the oldest child and the Queen of the Buicks in the family, on top of all that, 2 weeks later is the parents' 50th wedding anniversary, that the rest of the family seems to think I need to plan also! And on top of that I am changing job assignments this Friday, April 1st, I will be working in Flint for the first time in 14 yrs, no driving 42 miles one way to Pontiac! 30 miles a week to the Flint Engine South plant, 3 miles from home! Yeehaw! But 12 hrs, 3 miles from home is alot better than 10-12 hrs 45 minutes to an hour from home, I hope!

Just a note, today, I filled up the '05 Suburban, Z71 with the grille guard and special Bermuda Blue paint, stickered at $52K, DVD, XM, no GPS, with 87 octane Speedway for $2.09/gal, a couple hours later, the same station was $2.39'gal! Scary!