BIGGGGG Amphicar!

Steve Moskowitz

Not getting it, Steve. Just some web-hosting website. Is this the milk tanker converted to drive and float? He was going to go around the world or something but it got tangled up in divorce proceedings.

OK, I see it now, Steve. Well that is clever. There will be someone, somewhere unable to survive without it. As an old friend, an Italian immigrant bricklayer and a very wise man frequently exclaimed, "God Bless me, America!".

Guest imported_SKYSTHELIMIT

Amphicar would love it for towing his cars to the shows! However the price tag <span style="font-weight: bold">OUCH!</span>

Howard, do you think I should approach the board on getting this as a company vehicle? Of course, given the nature of this job, it would have to be the armored version! grin.gif Also of course, I do not need the one that houses the Mercedes but room for a Curved Dash Olds would be nice. grin.gifgrin.gif This has to be one of the wildest ideas yet!

Steve,

I sincerely believe that with a man of your caliber in charge, there will be no reason for gunfire. cool.gif But I wouldn't put too much hope in getting that through on your expense account. grin.gifgrin.gif You're good, but not THAT good. smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Amphicar, check out www.terrawind.com. One of our Directors, Mike Jones, found this site. Is this the ultimate land/water cruiser? grin.gif </div></div>

Steve, if you didn't notice, there . at the end of www.terrawind.com(.) that's why it shows WRONG site... smirk.gif

Mika Jaakkola

--1957 Imperial Crown 4dHT

--1964 Imperial Crown 4dHT

--1939 Dodge DeLUxe 4d

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I would like to hear Dave@Moon's take on this one. Drag him in. </div></div>

grin.gif

Looks like the perfect vehicle for dropping Buffy and Tad off at the Academy and then stopping by for a round of squash! Actually I thought it was a hoax at first. grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> eh....what's the gas mileage on it??? </div></div>

Not all that bad considering: <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Diesel fuel capacity is 150 gallons. Fuel usage depends on how much the generator is in use and the loads upon it. Testing shows 7.5 MPG was achieved with the generator running most of the time and the A/C as well. With that mileage the range will be about 1100 miles. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This coach has a Caterpillar 330 horse power diesel engine. The road transmission is an Allison 3000 motor home series with electronic touch shifting. A computerized anti-lock braking system is complimented by an engine brake and transmission retarder. </div></div>

I think there may be a chink in their $850K armour, however: <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Sound deadening insulation is installed in the engine room as well as the generator room to lower the sound levels to an enjoyable level.

</div></div> That sounds a little too defensive to me.

1rvinwaterdistant.jpg

Looks like $850,000 worth of fun to me. pinkelephant.gif

People are nuts. nuts.gif

I love it! The 1st time I saw it I was amazed, and I still am. They are also making an amphibious trailer that can haul a car and 2 jet skiis along! Also available as an option are 2 slide-outs with inflatable sponsons. The inside is as you'd expect for a million $ motorhome. I would dare him to follow me in my Amphicar through some 4' waves! Yee haw!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest John Chapman

John,

Thought you'd like to see this, should you have missed it along the way...

Amazing what 40 years of advancement and some serious bucks can accomplish.

The temptress radiator cap isn't awful, either... cool.gif

See: www.watercar.com

Cheers,

John