Donations Accepted For Canton, NC Food Bank & Community Kitchen For Flood Victims

Jay Thompson is donating his

time and equipment to transport

emergency supplies to North Carolina.

If you cannot physically drop off

needed items listed below please

call and/or text Jay to see how

you can help at 336-266-0544

Please help if you can …

Jim

IMG_2430.jpeg.4f8d5946a32d557e85bee7d82a1bf039.jpeg

IMG_2431.jpeg.853d190162d569e1339e076c17777924.jpeg

IMG_2432.jpeg.1a8fc3443b46b452b959844dd4643e04.jpegIMG_2433.jpeg.8aeda558abdf8a48e040de014a30d2d8.jpeg

Edited by Trulyvintage (see edit history)

Just an FYI- 

KTL Restorations and the McCandless Collection are both very involved in the old car hobby. God's Pit Crew works tirelessly to help people who have lost everything, and travel all over the country with supplies and rebuilding teams. I'm going into town tomorrow to drop off some things there.

The devastation in Western NC is near unbelievable. A neighbor's kid is stranded at UNC-Asheville as most roads are impassable. There are nearly 1000 people unaccounted for in WNC.

NWS issued 17 tornado warnings here Friday in Helene's wake. I was in the direct path of four of them. Only two tornados actually touched down Friday which is, in a sense, something to be grateful for. There have been 14 more issued today including four simultaneous ones within a 20 mile radius of Martinsville VA. Yet as seen above those folks are asking for help for others.

I know some Forum members were in the path of this storm and probably suffered damage. We're with you. Let us know you're safe. Please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

If anyone reading this cannot 

physically drop off needed supplies

you can help by calling Jay or

one of the folks listed at the 

drop off locations to see what 

you can do …

I know Jay by reputation and have 

referred folks to him for vehicle 

transport over the years …

Family - Helps - Family 

Jim

• Like 1

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! The Wife and I were touring in the western NC and north GA area just a week ago. We visited the Chimney Rock area last weekend and it is hard to believe that community has been decimated now by floodwaters. Businesses we visited no longer exist and have been mercilessly swept away. I thought about @Paul Dobbin because I know he lives in the western NC mountains. I hope he is ok. 

Let's all do what we can to help those hit so hard by Helene.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

I found this forum while searching if I could drive supplies up for my family. My brother and sister (in law) live on Glade Mountain. I’m in Florida. How can I help?? Can I ship items? One problem they have is no cash. Looking forward to your replies.
Thank you!!

The Roy Family

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MonkeyV said:

Hello,

I found this forum while searching if I could drive supplies up for my family. My brother and sister (in law) live on Glade Mountain. I’m in Florida. How can I help?? Can I ship items? One problem they have is no cash. Looking forward to your replies.
Thank you!!

The Roy Family

I would not advise anyone 

to try and drive into the area.

Public roads are limited.

Resources are limited.

The weather is still unsettled.

Jim

I’m helping a college friend of mine and his wife who live near Asheville, NC with no power or internet for who knows how long. They’ll stay with me and my wife in central NC until things are back to normal power and internet wise

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

GPC is leaving for Georgia Tuesday. May be a couple days before they can even get a truck into Western NC.

I'm normally pretty stoic, but I cried when I saw the pictures and video of WNC and SW Virginia.

Not to minimize the damage Helene left in Florida, but Floridians know how to deal with hurricane damage and how to clean up. The people in Western NC have never had to deal with anything like this.

• Like 1

They have dealt with this before

but it has never been on this scale

in recent memory.

I remember the old timers

and the generational hatred

and mistrust of state & federal 

government that occurred 

with The TVA and flooding

of rivers to build dams.

I have moved vehicles for

folks from California - Arizona

Florids - Washington and other

states to the areas that were

hardest hit over the last several 

years and always wondered

how I-40 survived the occasional 

flooding as I drove thru the border

between Eastern Tennessee 

and Western North Carolina.

Jim

• Trulyvintage changed the title to Donations Accepted For Canton, NC Food Bank & Community Kitchen For Flood Victims

You can also get in touch with many church groups and local rescue or law enforcement agencies to make sure any donations are made to legitimate organizations. I’m dropping off a pile of items to the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office tomorrow that they are delivering directly through the first responders from the state crisis management department. 

One item they mentioned a need for is Benadryl and epipens because all the wasps and bees have been dislocated and are angry with everything.